Rapper Akon Recorded Apology Song, "Sorry, Blame Me"
He feels sorry and is doing something about it. Akon, who was in hot water lately due to his bad concert behavior, has written and recorded an apology song, which is meant to apologize for things he has done, as well as things he hasn't even done yet. The track, titled "Sorry, Blame Me", was leaked Wednesday June 13th on Ryan Seacreast's KIIS-FM morning show and the TMZ website.
"As life goes on, I start to learn more and more about responsibility," the singer/producer says in the intro. "I realize that everything I do is affecting the people around me. So I want to take this time out to apologize for things that I've done; things that haven't occurred yet; things they don't want to take responsibility for."
He then continues apologizing to his former tour partner Gwen Stefani, who was affected when Verizon pulled out as a sponsor due to his on-stage simulated sex acts with Danah Alleyne, a 14-year-old girl in Trinidad. He sings, "Sorry for the hand that she was dealt, for the embarrassment that she felt."
Doesn't take the blame for doing the "lewd dancing", the "Smack That" singer instead criticizes the club owners for allowing an underage girl into the 21+ venue, singing "Just a little young girl trying to have fun. Daddy should've never let her out that young. Sorry for clubs and getting shut down I hope they manage better next time around. How was I to know she was underage in a 21-and-older club they say."
Akon then at the end of the song reaching out to his fans, singing "I'm just a singer trying to entertain. Because I love my fans I'll take the blame".
In other Akon news, the star is currently under investigation for throwing a teenage fan into the audience for throwing an object at him. The woman who the teen landed on recently stepped forward asking Akon to apologize for his actions. No criminal charges have been filed against him though.
Hear the song from YouTube...
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen