Disney Identifies the "Unnamed Girl"
Still on the track of creating kids-oriented film features, Walt Disney Pictures is about to develop a new one based on a spec script by Brian Nathanson that it has safely acquired under its banner.
Entitled "The Occasionally Interesting Anti-Adventures of an Unnamed Girl", the project focuses on an imaginative young girl who, stifled by her banal suburban life and restrictive parents, runs away to a fantastical world that proves to be darker than she had hoped for. It is described as in the vein of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" and a modern-set "The Wizard of Oz."
No word yet on the director and casting lineup, but it is informed that Disney's LouAnne Brickhouse and Todd Murata are shepherding the flick for the studio with Scott Rudin serving as the producer. The latter, last produced "Notes on a Scandal" via his eponymous production company, recently was reported to carry the same duty in other new project of Disney "All About Adam."
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World