Disney Identifies the "Unnamed Girl"
Still on the track of creating kids-oriented film features, Walt Disney Pictures is about to develop a new one based on a spec script by Brian Nathanson that it has safely acquired under its banner.
Entitled "The Occasionally Interesting Anti-Adventures of an Unnamed Girl", the project focuses on an imaginative young girl who, stifled by her banal suburban life and restrictive parents, runs away to a fantastical world that proves to be darker than she had hoped for. It is described as in the vein of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" and a modern-set "The Wizard of Oz."
No word yet on the director and casting lineup, but it is informed that Disney's LouAnne Brickhouse and Todd Murata are shepherding the flick for the studio with Scott Rudin serving as the producer. The latter, last produced "Notes on a Scandal" via his eponymous production company, recently was reported to carry the same duty in other new project of Disney "All About Adam."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna