Disney Identifies the "Unnamed Girl"
Still on the track of creating kids-oriented film features, Walt Disney Pictures is about to develop a new one based on a spec script by Brian Nathanson that it has safely acquired under its banner.
Entitled "The Occasionally Interesting Anti-Adventures of an Unnamed Girl", the project focuses on an imaginative young girl who, stifled by her banal suburban life and restrictive parents, runs away to a fantastical world that proves to be darker than she had hoped for. It is described as in the vein of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" and a modern-set "The Wizard of Oz."
No word yet on the director and casting lineup, but it is informed that Disney's LouAnne Brickhouse and Todd Murata are shepherding the flick for the studio with Scott Rudin serving as the producer. The latter, last produced "Notes on a Scandal" via his eponymous production company, recently was reported to carry the same duty in other new project of Disney "All About Adam."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny