Disney Identifies the "Unnamed Girl"
Still on the track of creating kids-oriented film features, Walt Disney Pictures is about to develop a new one based on a spec script by Brian Nathanson that it has safely acquired under its banner.
Entitled "The Occasionally Interesting Anti-Adventures of an Unnamed Girl", the project focuses on an imaginative young girl who, stifled by her banal suburban life and restrictive parents, runs away to a fantastical world that proves to be darker than she had hoped for. It is described as in the vein of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" and a modern-set "The Wizard of Oz."
No word yet on the director and casting lineup, but it is informed that Disney's LouAnne Brickhouse and Todd Murata are shepherding the flick for the studio with Scott Rudin serving as the producer. The latter, last produced "Notes on a Scandal" via his eponymous production company, recently was reported to carry the same duty in other new project of Disney "All About Adam."
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'