Rihanna Celebrating a Third Week on Top US Singles Chart
She hit it big with her new haircut. But beyond that Rihanna does strike it hard on the US singles chart, having her "Umbrella" enjoying a third week on top spot while on the other side winning the songbird worldwide critical acclaim.
"Umbrella", written by Terius Nash and rapper Jay-Z for Rihanna's third studio album "Good Girl Gone Bad", already the chart's greatest gainer at radio with the LP itself debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 by June 13th.
Not much change on the singles chart for the week ended Thursday June 14th, with Shop Boyz' "Party Like a Rockstar" remains on the 2nd position, followed after at the 3rd spot by T-Pain's "Buy a Drank (Shawty Snappin')". The 4th and 5th slots go to Stacy Ferguson's "Big Girls Don't Cry" and Maroon 5's "Makes Me Wonder" respectively.
Plain White T's doing even better this week as after bouncing from No. 27 to No. 16 last week, this time on the music act rising to the 6th spot, thanks to their single "Hey There Delilah". In the meantime, Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" slips one from last week's position to No. 7. Justin Timberlake's "Summer Love" remains steady at No. 8, ahead of Huey's "Pop, Lock & Drop It" at No. 9. Finishing the Top 10 is Amy Winehouse's "Rehab", soaring as high as 38 places.
More Rihanna News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby