Carice van Houten Rides with the "Valkyrie"
On the way to make her debut in an American feature, Dutch actress Carice van Houten has secured a starring slot in Bryan Singer's WWII thriller "Valkyrie", her manager has revealed.
Appears to be the first female star in the cast, van Houten will play the wife of Tom Cruise's character Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg, a real-life Nazi officer who hatched a scheme to assassinate Adolph Hitler at the height of WWII. Accompanied the two in the lineup reportedly are Bill Nighy, Patrick Wilson, Stephen Fry, and Tom Wilkinson besides Kenneth Branagh, who has been confirmed to portray a German general helping von Stauffenberg construct the plan.
Filming is due to begin next month in Berlin for United Artist to distribute in 2008. Pic will be made from the script written by Christopher McQuarrie and Nathan Alexander with the former also producing alongside Singer and Cruise.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'