Carice van Houten Rides with the "Valkyrie"
On the way to make her debut in an American feature, Dutch actress Carice van Houten has secured a starring slot in Bryan Singer's WWII thriller "Valkyrie", her manager has revealed.
Appears to be the first female star in the cast, van Houten will play the wife of Tom Cruise's character Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg, a real-life Nazi officer who hatched a scheme to assassinate Adolph Hitler at the height of WWII. Accompanied the two in the lineup reportedly are Bill Nighy, Patrick Wilson, Stephen Fry, and Tom Wilkinson besides Kenneth Branagh, who has been confirmed to portray a German general helping von Stauffenberg construct the plan.
Filming is due to begin next month in Berlin for United Artist to distribute in 2008. Pic will be made from the script written by Christopher McQuarrie and Nathan Alexander with the former also producing alongside Singer and Cruise.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie