Carice van Houten Rides with the "Valkyrie"
On the way to make her debut in an American feature, Dutch actress Carice van Houten has secured a starring slot in Bryan Singer's WWII thriller "Valkyrie", her manager has revealed.
Appears to be the first female star in the cast, van Houten will play the wife of Tom Cruise's character Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg, a real-life Nazi officer who hatched a scheme to assassinate Adolph Hitler at the height of WWII. Accompanied the two in the lineup reportedly are Bill Nighy, Patrick Wilson, Stephen Fry, and Tom Wilkinson besides Kenneth Branagh, who has been confirmed to portray a German general helping von Stauffenberg construct the plan.
Filming is due to begin next month in Berlin for United Artist to distribute in 2008. Pic will be made from the script written by Christopher McQuarrie and Nathan Alexander with the former also producing alongside Singer and Cruise.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group