Carice van Houten Rides with the "Valkyrie"
On the way to make her debut in an American feature, Dutch actress Carice van Houten has secured a starring slot in Bryan Singer's WWII thriller "Valkyrie", her manager has revealed.
Appears to be the first female star in the cast, van Houten will play the wife of Tom Cruise's character Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg, a real-life Nazi officer who hatched a scheme to assassinate Adolph Hitler at the height of WWII. Accompanied the two in the lineup reportedly are Bill Nighy, Patrick Wilson, Stephen Fry, and Tom Wilkinson besides Kenneth Branagh, who has been confirmed to portray a German general helping von Stauffenberg construct the plan.
Filming is due to begin next month in Berlin for United Artist to distribute in 2008. Pic will be made from the script written by Christopher McQuarrie and Nathan Alexander with the former also producing alongside Singer and Cruise.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway