Carice van Houten Rides with the "Valkyrie"
On the way to make her debut in an American feature, Dutch actress Carice van Houten has secured a starring slot in Bryan Singer's WWII thriller "Valkyrie", her manager has revealed.
Appears to be the first female star in the cast, van Houten will play the wife of Tom Cruise's character Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg, a real-life Nazi officer who hatched a scheme to assassinate Adolph Hitler at the height of WWII. Accompanied the two in the lineup reportedly are Bill Nighy, Patrick Wilson, Stephen Fry, and Tom Wilkinson besides Kenneth Branagh, who has been confirmed to portray a German general helping von Stauffenberg construct the plan.
Filming is due to begin next month in Berlin for United Artist to distribute in 2008. Pic will be made from the script written by Christopher McQuarrie and Nathan Alexander with the former also producing alongside Singer and Cruise.
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5