Mariah Carey Messing Up with "Zohan"?
Giving a surprising yet no doubt interesting scoop on the Happy Madison comedy "You Don't Mess with the Zohan", JoBlo.com has claimed that pop diva Mariah Carey is taking a starring role as herself in the project, which Madison is setting up with Judd Apatow Productions for a summer 2008 release under Columbia Pictures banner.
Placing Adam Sandler as the title character, a Mossad agent who fakes his death to pursue his dream of becoming a hairdresser in New York City, the project is said to find Carey running into trouble with Zohan's former nemesis, The Phantom, and so launches the agent back into action. It is also learned that Sandler's fellow funnyman Rob Schneider has boarded the flick to play an East Yistannen cab driver.
Pic is slated to start filming this summer with Dennis Dugan directing from script penned by Sandler, Robert Smigel, and producer Judd Apatow. It marks the reunion between Sandler and Dugan after "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry", which will open July 20 this year in theaters nationwide.
Carey, one of the best-selling female singers in the world, began taking professional acting lessons in 1997 to then earn her film debut in the 1999 romantic comedy "The Bachelor." She afterwards played the lead in critically panned "Glitter" followed by indie flick "WiseGirls" and the upcoming "Tennessee", in which she also contributes songs for the soundtrack.
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?