Mariah Carey Messing Up with "Zohan"?
Giving a surprising yet no doubt interesting scoop on the Happy Madison comedy "You Don't Mess with the Zohan", JoBlo.com has claimed that pop diva Mariah Carey is taking a starring role as herself in the project, which Madison is setting up with Judd Apatow Productions for a summer 2008 release under Columbia Pictures banner.
Placing Adam Sandler as the title character, a Mossad agent who fakes his death to pursue his dream of becoming a hairdresser in New York City, the project is said to find Carey running into trouble with Zohan's former nemesis, The Phantom, and so launches the agent back into action. It is also learned that Sandler's fellow funnyman Rob Schneider has boarded the flick to play an East Yistannen cab driver.
Pic is slated to start filming this summer with Dennis Dugan directing from script penned by Sandler, Robert Smigel, and producer Judd Apatow. It marks the reunion between Sandler and Dugan after "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry", which will open July 20 this year in theaters nationwide.
Carey, one of the best-selling female singers in the world, began taking professional acting lessons in 1997 to then earn her film debut in the 1999 romantic comedy "The Bachelor." She afterwards played the lead in critically panned "Glitter" followed by indie flick "WiseGirls" and the upcoming "Tennessee", in which she also contributes songs for the soundtrack.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris