Rob Thomas Establishes a New Label
After launching successful solo career, Rob Thomas takes it to the next level as the co-owner of label R Tel Records. The Matchbox 20 frontman teams up with long time pal Evan Lamberg to help new artists break the music market through the label.
The joint project came up after a musician named Garfield Mayor came at Lamberg's door and impressed him. Thomas then joined them in the middle and started writing and producing for Mayor's album. One thing that Thomas kept in mind was his significance in the process. He said, "I don't have to have any creative input whatsoever, but I'm definitely here if they want it. I'm like an in-house musician who's been through the last decade with really great success."
R Tel Records will operate under the deal made with Sony BMG's Epic Records. The first act signed under the label is, obviously, Mayor who will have the debut album later this year. For the next venture Lamberg said, "A great songwriter who's also a great artist, no matter what genre, will get our attention."
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role