Rob Thomas Establishes a New Label
After launching successful solo career, Rob Thomas takes it to the next level as the co-owner of label R Tel Records. The Matchbox 20 frontman teams up with long time pal Evan Lamberg to help new artists break the music market through the label.
The joint project came up after a musician named Garfield Mayor came at Lamberg's door and impressed him. Thomas then joined them in the middle and started writing and producing for Mayor's album. One thing that Thomas kept in mind was his significance in the process. He said, "I don't have to have any creative input whatsoever, but I'm definitely here if they want it. I'm like an in-house musician who's been through the last decade with really great success."
R Tel Records will operate under the deal made with Sony BMG's Epic Records. The first act signed under the label is, obviously, Mayor who will have the debut album later this year. For the next venture Lamberg said, "A great songwriter who's also a great artist, no matter what genre, will get our attention."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers