Rob Thomas Establishes a New Label
After launching successful solo career, Rob Thomas takes it to the next level as the co-owner of label R Tel Records. The Matchbox 20 frontman teams up with long time pal Evan Lamberg to help new artists break the music market through the label.
The joint project came up after a musician named Garfield Mayor came at Lamberg's door and impressed him. Thomas then joined them in the middle and started writing and producing for Mayor's album. One thing that Thomas kept in mind was his significance in the process. He said, "I don't have to have any creative input whatsoever, but I'm definitely here if they want it. I'm like an in-house musician who's been through the last decade with really great success."
R Tel Records will operate under the deal made with Sony BMG's Epic Records. The first act signed under the label is, obviously, Mayor who will have the debut album later this year. For the next venture Lamberg said, "A great songwriter who's also a great artist, no matter what genre, will get our attention."
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot