Rob Thomas Establishes a New Label
After launching successful solo career, Rob Thomas takes it to the next level as the co-owner of label R Tel Records. The Matchbox 20 frontman teams up with long time pal Evan Lamberg to help new artists break the music market through the label.
The joint project came up after a musician named Garfield Mayor came at Lamberg's door and impressed him. Thomas then joined them in the middle and started writing and producing for Mayor's album. One thing that Thomas kept in mind was his significance in the process. He said, "I don't have to have any creative input whatsoever, but I'm definitely here if they want it. I'm like an in-house musician who's been through the last decade with really great success."
R Tel Records will operate under the deal made with Sony BMG's Epic Records. The first act signed under the label is, obviously, Mayor who will have the debut album later this year. For the next venture Lamberg said, "A great songwriter who's also a great artist, no matter what genre, will get our attention."
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway