Rob Thomas Establishes a New Label
After launching successful solo career, Rob Thomas takes it to the next level as the co-owner of label R Tel Records. The Matchbox 20 frontman teams up with long time pal Evan Lamberg to help new artists break the music market through the label.
The joint project came up after a musician named Garfield Mayor came at Lamberg's door and impressed him. Thomas then joined them in the middle and started writing and producing for Mayor's album. One thing that Thomas kept in mind was his significance in the process. He said, "I don't have to have any creative input whatsoever, but I'm definitely here if they want it. I'm like an in-house musician who's been through the last decade with really great success."
R Tel Records will operate under the deal made with Sony BMG's Epic Records. The first act signed under the label is, obviously, Mayor who will have the debut album later this year. For the next venture Lamberg said, "A great songwriter who's also a great artist, no matter what genre, will get our attention."
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder