My Chemical Romance Answers Manson's Blast
Responding to Marilyn Manson's "copycat" accuse, My Chemical Romance took it pretty easy. The band laughed off the fact that the accusation comes from a Marilyn Manson.
Frontman Gerard Way told Rock Sound magazine, "If Elvis Costello said we sucked we would think about it a bit but usually it is comments from someone with a new record to promote so the remarks ring hollow." He then added, "We still haven't found someone that has knocked us down that we need to take seriously."
Manson previously called MCR "sad and pitiful" and said that his new song "Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form of Flattery" from "Eat Me, Drink Me" is an attack on the band. Speaking to a London paper, Manson exclaimed, "I'm embarrassed to be me because these people are doing a really sad, pitiful, shallow version of what I've done. If they want to identify with me then here's a razor blade. Call me when you're done and we'll talk."
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood