My Chemical Romance Answers Manson's Blast
Responding to Marilyn Manson's "copycat" accuse, My Chemical Romance took it pretty easy. The band laughed off the fact that the accusation comes from a Marilyn Manson.
Frontman Gerard Way told Rock Sound magazine, "If Elvis Costello said we sucked we would think about it a bit but usually it is comments from someone with a new record to promote so the remarks ring hollow." He then added, "We still haven't found someone that has knocked us down that we need to take seriously."
Manson previously called MCR "sad and pitiful" and said that his new song "Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form of Flattery" from "Eat Me, Drink Me" is an attack on the band. Speaking to a London paper, Manson exclaimed, "I'm embarrassed to be me because these people are doing a really sad, pitiful, shallow version of what I've done. If they want to identify with me then here's a razor blade. Call me when you're done and we'll talk."
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram