My Chemical Romance Answers Manson's Blast
Responding to Marilyn Manson's "copycat" accuse, My Chemical Romance took it pretty easy. The band laughed off the fact that the accusation comes from a Marilyn Manson.
Frontman Gerard Way told Rock Sound magazine, "If Elvis Costello said we sucked we would think about it a bit but usually it is comments from someone with a new record to promote so the remarks ring hollow." He then added, "We still haven't found someone that has knocked us down that we need to take seriously."
Manson previously called MCR "sad and pitiful" and said that his new song "Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form of Flattery" from "Eat Me, Drink Me" is an attack on the band. Speaking to a London paper, Manson exclaimed, "I'm embarrassed to be me because these people are doing a really sad, pitiful, shallow version of what I've done. If they want to identify with me then here's a razor blade. Call me when you're done and we'll talk."
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?