September 30, 2016  

"Borat" Sued Again

June 9, 2007 (7:15 am) GMT
An unidentified New York resident featured in hit mockumentary comedy "Borat" has filed a lawsuit against 20th Century Fox over an embarrassing scene in the movie.

After some period of peace, trouble once more afflicts -starrer "" as a man from New York is conducting legal action against the hit mockumentary comedy's distributor 20th Century Fox.

Anonymously identified as John Doe, the man placed a lawsuit to federal court in Manhattan last week over the scene in which he is seen "fleeing in apparent terror, screaming for Mr. Cohen to 'go away." Looking for unspecified damages, Doe accuses the filmmakers to use his likeness without consent which causes him emotional damage that he continues to suffer.

On the opposite site, a spokesman for Fox simply considered the suit to be "completely without merit", stating free-speech law protects films and literary works that are "matters of interest to the public."

Directed by New York-born filmmaker Larry Charles, "Borat" follows a fictitious Kazakh journalist as he travels through the United States recording real-life interactions with Americans. Despite its fantastic gross of $260 million worldwide, the flick has been sued at least three times already while generating complaints from people claiming they were cheated into appearing in it.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
  2. 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
  3. Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
  4. Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
  5. Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
  6. Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
  7. Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
  8. These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake