Jack Johnson Preparing Another Sultry Album
A sultry musician of his own, Jack Johnson returns to the studio this year to gear an album perfect for chill out moments. The album that is planned to release early next year, is all about the people working behind it.
As a start the 32-years-old singer is backed up with bassist Merlo Podlewski and drummer Adam Topol who played significant roles in Johnson's previous chart-topping records. He also brings his "In Between Dreams Tour" opening act Zach Gill to contribute on the piano tune while gaining the partnership from producer JP Plunier again. Johnson said, "We've been good friends ever since, JP and I have just been hanging out a lot this year, and I've been talking to JP a lot about these songs in particular."
Johnson also reports that most of the works are done but "it's a little stale in the studio" and he would concentrate with the lyrics at the moment. As for the musical direction he mentioned, "a little bit of peace, a little bit of that feeling of the whole climate change and being overwhelmed by that [and] little sappy love songs, like usual. A little bit of everything."
The fifth studio album will be released via his own label Brushfire Records and is recorded in an eco-friendly studio in L.A. "They're still laying the bamboo floor in the control room," Johnson tells Billboard.com, "but we're loading the equipment into the studio and ready to get started."
Johnson will play Live Earth concert on July 7 in Sydney, Australia alongside Crowded House, Silverchair and Wolfmother.
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame