Honored for Her Philanthropic Work, Angelina Jolie Joining the Council on Foreign Relations
She's been kept very busy with her hectic filming schedules, not to mention doing her motherly duties. She does able to make it though, getting through it all and spends time to fulfill her social works. Already a UN Goodwill Ambassador, Angelina Jolie was honored for her philanthropic work by joining the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), an influential and independent, nonpartisan foreign policy membership organization.
"Angelina Jolie is accomplished in her field and has demonstrated serious interest in issues such as Darfur, international education and refugees," says Lisa Shields, vice president of communications at CFR. "As such, her profile fits very well with other young professionals we've selected as the next generation of foreign policy leaders."
Having her membership nomination approved by the organization on Thursday June 7th, the actress joins other members, which among others include presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, ABC's Diane Sawyer, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and journalist Tom Brokaw.
It seems Jolie has her dream, to be remembered for her humanitarian work instead of her becoming a movie actress, comes true now that she's already one of the Council on Foreign Relations.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!