Honored for Her Philanthropic Work, Angelina Jolie Joining the Council on Foreign Relations
She's been kept very busy with her hectic filming schedules, not to mention doing her motherly duties. She does able to make it though, getting through it all and spends time to fulfill her social works. Already a UN Goodwill Ambassador, Angelina Jolie was honored for her philanthropic work by joining the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), an influential and independent, nonpartisan foreign policy membership organization.
"Angelina Jolie is accomplished in her field and has demonstrated serious interest in issues such as Darfur, international education and refugees," says Lisa Shields, vice president of communications at CFR. "As such, her profile fits very well with other young professionals we've selected as the next generation of foreign policy leaders."
Having her membership nomination approved by the organization on Thursday June 7th, the actress joins other members, which among others include presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, ABC's Diane Sawyer, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and journalist Tom Brokaw.
It seems Jolie has her dream, to be remembered for her humanitarian work instead of her becoming a movie actress, comes true now that she's already one of the Council on Foreign Relations.
More Angelina Jolie News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked