Honored for Her Philanthropic Work, Angelina Jolie Joining the Council on Foreign Relations
She's been kept very busy with her hectic filming schedules, not to mention doing her motherly duties. She does able to make it though, getting through it all and spends time to fulfill her social works. Already a UN Goodwill Ambassador, Angelina Jolie was honored for her philanthropic work by joining the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), an influential and independent, nonpartisan foreign policy membership organization.
"Angelina Jolie is accomplished in her field and has demonstrated serious interest in issues such as Darfur, international education and refugees," says Lisa Shields, vice president of communications at CFR. "As such, her profile fits very well with other young professionals we've selected as the next generation of foreign policy leaders."
Having her membership nomination approved by the organization on Thursday June 7th, the actress joins other members, which among others include presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, ABC's Diane Sawyer, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and journalist Tom Brokaw.
It seems Jolie has her dream, to be remembered for her humanitarian work instead of her becoming a movie actress, comes true now that she's already one of the Council on Foreign Relations.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order