Isaiah Washington Out from "Grey's Anatomy"
The time has come for Isaiah Washington to pay the cost of his gay slur. The TV star won't be returning to the hit series "Grey's Anatomy" which catapulted him into stardom.
It is surely a bad news for Isaiah that his contract won't be renewed following the end of the series' third season. A spokesperson for ABC Studios confirmed the star won't be returning for a fourth season next September, with a source close to the situation said the studio declined to renew his contract citing the bad press they received because of his behavior both on and off the set as the reason.
Isaiah himself remained tight-lipped on his being out of "Grey's", while publicist confirmed he isn't going back to the show next season.
Isaiah, played the role of Preston Burke in the popular Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning American primetime television medical drama, received a lot of bad press last fall after he reportedly called fellow actor T.R. Knight a ''faggot''. He repeated the slur at the Golden Globes in January before then sought counseling, met with gay community leaders and issued a public apology.
Within days of the incident becoming public, Isaiah, announced he was gay. It's ironic.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media