Isaiah Washington Out from "Grey's Anatomy"
The time has come for Isaiah Washington to pay the cost of his gay slur. The TV star won't be returning to the hit series "Grey's Anatomy" which catapulted him into stardom.
It is surely a bad news for Isaiah that his contract won't be renewed following the end of the series' third season. A spokesperson for ABC Studios confirmed the star won't be returning for a fourth season next September, with a source close to the situation said the studio declined to renew his contract citing the bad press they received because of his behavior both on and off the set as the reason.
Isaiah himself remained tight-lipped on his being out of "Grey's", while publicist confirmed he isn't going back to the show next season.
Isaiah, played the role of Preston Burke in the popular Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning American primetime television medical drama, received a lot of bad press last fall after he reportedly called fellow actor T.R. Knight a ''faggot''. He repeated the slur at the Golden Globes in January before then sought counseling, met with gay community leaders and issued a public apology.
Within days of the incident becoming public, Isaiah, announced he was gay. It's ironic.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?