Paris Hilton Released from Prison, Put on 40-Day House Arrest
From socialite to prisoner, now Paris Hilton is a free woman again as she was on Thursday June 7th released from California's Century Regional Detention Facility, reportedly for medical reasons, after just three days serving her 23-day sentence for driving with a suspended license.
Explaining on the heiress' release, LA County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said she was released for medical reasons which he can't elaborate due to confidentiality, yet said that medical officials "constantly examined" her while she was in jail. In fact, law enforcement sources said Paris' medical condition was purely psychological and that she was in peril of having a nervous breakdown.
Despite being freed, Paris who was released after midnight in the early hours of Thursday morning June 7th, is ordered to serve the rest of her sentence in home confinement, thus been fitted with an ankle bracelet which will be used to keep track of her whereabouts. She's been put on 40-day house arrest, confined to living within a space of around 3,000 to 4,000 square feet at her lavish home for the duration of her tagging, and will not be allowed out for any social or work-related events.
"I want to thank the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and staff of the Century Regional Detention Center for treating me fairly and professionally. I am going to serve the remaining 40 days of my sentence. I have learned a great deal from this ordeal and hope that others have learned from my mistakes," Paris released a statement through her attorney Richard A. Hutton.
Paris' house arrest, elsewhere, sparked controversy and thus prompting prosecutors to demand she be put back behind bars. As a consequence she's been ordered to return to court at 9 a.m. Friday June 8th, Superior Court spokesman said.
More Paris Hilton News
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Nick Jonas' New Song 'Remember I Told You' Is a Sassy Breakup Jam
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing