R. Kelly Scored #1 with "Double Up"
As expected, R. Kelly's "Double Up" opened at #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart this week with nearly 368,000 copies sold. The release of this record makes his eight solo album to enter the chart at either #1 or #2.
With the exception of his debut album in 1992, R. Kelly has spawned continuous chart topping albums that are always beyond the 100,000 parameter. His sophomore effort "12 Play" debuted at #2 while the following self-titled album was treated better with #1 entry. The fourth, fifth and others entered the chart at either no. 1 or 2.
The rest of the top ten tenants are pretty much the still picture of last week's. Maroon 5's "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" and Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight" slide one place each to give room for "Double Up". The fourth slot is filled by Jason Aldean's "Relentless", making it this week's only new album to enter the top 10.
"DAUGHTRY" holds still in the 27th week by moving up one place from #6 to #5. Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" meanwhile is back to the top ten tier at #6 and is followed by newcomer U.S.D.A. through their debut album "Young Jeezy Presents U.S.D.A.: Cold Summer".
Placed at #8 and #9 are Avril Lavigne's "The Best Damn Thing" and Michael Buble's "Call Me Irresponsible" respectively. To close the top 10 list is Ozzy Osbourne with his ninth album "Black Rain".
Biggest jumper this week is "The Evolution of Robin Thicke" with 18 places up switch to #12. This leap was hugely affected by Robin Thicke's appearance on Oprah Winfrey Show that boasted the R&B crooner's new CD.
More R. Kelly News
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle