R. Kelly Scored #1 with "Double Up"
As expected, R. Kelly's "Double Up" opened at #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart this week with nearly 368,000 copies sold. The release of this record makes his eight solo album to enter the chart at either #1 or #2.
With the exception of his debut album in 1992, R. Kelly has spawned continuous chart topping albums that are always beyond the 100,000 parameter. His sophomore effort "12 Play" debuted at #2 while the following self-titled album was treated better with #1 entry. The fourth, fifth and others entered the chart at either no. 1 or 2.
The rest of the top ten tenants are pretty much the still picture of last week's. Maroon 5's "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" and Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight" slide one place each to give room for "Double Up". The fourth slot is filled by Jason Aldean's "Relentless", making it this week's only new album to enter the top 10.
"DAUGHTRY" holds still in the 27th week by moving up one place from #6 to #5. Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" meanwhile is back to the top ten tier at #6 and is followed by newcomer U.S.D.A. through their debut album "Young Jeezy Presents U.S.D.A.: Cold Summer".
Placed at #8 and #9 are Avril Lavigne's "The Best Damn Thing" and Michael Buble's "Call Me Irresponsible" respectively. To close the top 10 list is Ozzy Osbourne with his ninth album "Black Rain".
Biggest jumper this week is "The Evolution of Robin Thicke" with 18 places up switch to #12. This leap was hugely affected by Robin Thicke's appearance on Oprah Winfrey Show that boasted the R&B crooner's new CD.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist