R. Kelly Scored #1 with "Double Up"
As expected, R. Kelly's "Double Up" opened at #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart this week with nearly 368,000 copies sold. The release of this record makes his eight solo album to enter the chart at either #1 or #2.
With the exception of his debut album in 1992, R. Kelly has spawned continuous chart topping albums that are always beyond the 100,000 parameter. His sophomore effort "12 Play" debuted at #2 while the following self-titled album was treated better with #1 entry. The fourth, fifth and others entered the chart at either no. 1 or 2.
The rest of the top ten tenants are pretty much the still picture of last week's. Maroon 5's "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" and Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight" slide one place each to give room for "Double Up". The fourth slot is filled by Jason Aldean's "Relentless", making it this week's only new album to enter the top 10.
"DAUGHTRY" holds still in the 27th week by moving up one place from #6 to #5. Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" meanwhile is back to the top ten tier at #6 and is followed by newcomer U.S.D.A. through their debut album "Young Jeezy Presents U.S.D.A.: Cold Summer".
Placed at #8 and #9 are Avril Lavigne's "The Best Damn Thing" and Michael Buble's "Call Me Irresponsible" respectively. To close the top 10 list is Ozzy Osbourne with his ninth album "Black Rain".
Biggest jumper this week is "The Evolution of Robin Thicke" with 18 places up switch to #12. This leap was hugely affected by Robin Thicke's appearance on Oprah Winfrey Show that boasted the R&B crooner's new CD.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes