Mischa Barton Tries "Finding t.A.T.u"
Giving a Hollywood touch to the project, Mischa Barton has given her agreement to star in Russian coming-of-age drama "Finding t.A.T.u, being cast alongside the likes of Shantel VanSanten, Anton Yelchin, Alex Kaluzhsky, and Helena Mattsson.
Based on Russian author A. Mitrofanov's novel "t.A.T.u come back", the project, set against a background of music, Internet chatrooms and hedonistic Russian nightlife, presents a story of a lonely American teenager in Moscow who becomes friends with a local girl over their shared obsession with singing duo t.A.T.u.
Pic has already got English filmmaker Roland Joffe as the director and is set to enter production later this month in Moscow. Leonid Minkovski and Serge Konov are both producing via Mosfilm-based shingle RAMCO alongside Stephen Nemeth of Rhino Films with Foresight Unlimited handling international sales.
More Mischa Barton News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna