Mischa Barton Tries "Finding t.A.T.u"
Giving a Hollywood touch to the project, Mischa Barton has given her agreement to star in Russian coming-of-age drama "Finding t.A.T.u, being cast alongside the likes of Shantel VanSanten, Anton Yelchin, Alex Kaluzhsky, and Helena Mattsson.
Based on Russian author A. Mitrofanov's novel "t.A.T.u come back", the project, set against a background of music, Internet chatrooms and hedonistic Russian nightlife, presents a story of a lonely American teenager in Moscow who becomes friends with a local girl over their shared obsession with singing duo t.A.T.u.
Pic has already got English filmmaker Roland Joffe as the director and is set to enter production later this month in Moscow. Leonid Minkovski and Serge Konov are both producing via Mosfilm-based shingle RAMCO alongside Stephen Nemeth of Rhino Films with Foresight Unlimited handling international sales.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie