Mischa Barton Tries "Finding t.A.T.u"
Giving a Hollywood touch to the project, Mischa Barton has given her agreement to star in Russian coming-of-age drama "Finding t.A.T.u, being cast alongside the likes of Shantel VanSanten, Anton Yelchin, Alex Kaluzhsky, and Helena Mattsson.
Based on Russian author A. Mitrofanov's novel "t.A.T.u come back", the project, set against a background of music, Internet chatrooms and hedonistic Russian nightlife, presents a story of a lonely American teenager in Moscow who becomes friends with a local girl over their shared obsession with singing duo t.A.T.u.
Pic has already got English filmmaker Roland Joffe as the director and is set to enter production later this month in Moscow. Leonid Minkovski and Serge Konov are both producing via Mosfilm-based shingle RAMCO alongside Stephen Nemeth of Rhino Films with Foresight Unlimited handling international sales.
More Mischa Barton News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle