The 2007 Television Critics Association (TCA) Award Nominees
The Television Critics Association (TCA) has on Tuesday June 5th announced numbers of nominees for this year annual award event. Among the programs vie for Program of the Year prize are "American Idol" (Fox), "Friday Night Lights" (NBC), "Heroes" (NBC), "Planet Earth" (Discovery), "The Wire" (HBO), and "When the Levees Broke" (HBO).
For Outstanding Achievement in Comedy category, NBC leads with two, mainly for its "30 Rock" and "The Office" to compete with HBO's "Entourage", Comedy Central's "The Daily Show", and ABC's "Ugly Betty". For the Outstanding Achievement in Drama, NBC earns two for "Friday Night Lights" and "Heroes", while HBO also gets two for "The Sopranos" and "The Wire", in race with ABC's "Lost".
Elsewhere, Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey both of "30 Rock", Stephen Colbert of "The Colbert Report", America Ferrera of "Ugly Betty", and Jon Stewart of "The Daily Show" are all vying for the title of Individual Achievement in Comedy.
As of the Individual Achievement in Drama, the nominees are Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler from "Friday Night Lights", Michael C. Hall of "Dexter", Hugh Laurie of "House", and Helen Mirren of "Prime Suspect".
This year annual TCA Awards, which is the 23rd, honor the finest work of the 2006-2007 season as selected by the association's 200-plus member critics and journalists, with winners to be announced at a July 21st ceremony at The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, Calif.
For a complete list of awards nominees, click here.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why