Akon Under Investigation Over Fan-Tossing Allegations
Akon gets into trouble again. The R&B singer once again found himself at the center of a controversy after he was caught on tape tossing a young fan into the crowd during a concert at radio station WSPK's KFEST in Fishkill, N.Y. over the weekend. He's not charged, but is under investigation for that encounter.
On that incident, it is said that the "Smack That" singer was performing on Sunday June 3rd, when suddenly someone in the crowd threw an object at the stage in the direction of the singer. He then asked the crowd to point out the individual who did that and ordered security to bring the audience member on stage.
Once the concertgoer, identified simply as a 15-year-old boy whose name is being kept under wrap, was on stage, Akon threw off his jewelry and shirt before later on picked up, hoisted him over his shoulders and hurled the teen back into the crowd. To make matter worse, he was overheard telling the teen, "You made a big mistake today."
Has agreed to cooperate with police in the investigation, Akon may face questioning concerning the incident. And while no charge has been filed against the star, his lawyer said Thursday June 7th, he believed his client didn't commit any crimes.
This isn't the first time Akon gets into trouble. He recently provoked media frenzy after a video posted online showed him simulating a graphic sex scene with a 14-year-old girl during a concert in Trinidad, which caused Verizon to withdraw its sponsorship of the tour. He, however, insisted that he didn't aware that the girl was underage and that the club wasn't supposed to admit anyone under 18.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent