Akon Under Investigation Over Fan-Tossing Allegations
Akon gets into trouble again. The R&B singer once again found himself at the center of a controversy after he was caught on tape tossing a young fan into the crowd during a concert at radio station WSPK's KFEST in Fishkill, N.Y. over the weekend. He's not charged, but is under investigation for that encounter.
On that incident, it is said that the "Smack That" singer was performing on Sunday June 3rd, when suddenly someone in the crowd threw an object at the stage in the direction of the singer. He then asked the crowd to point out the individual who did that and ordered security to bring the audience member on stage.
Once the concertgoer, identified simply as a 15-year-old boy whose name is being kept under wrap, was on stage, Akon threw off his jewelry and shirt before later on picked up, hoisted him over his shoulders and hurled the teen back into the crowd. To make matter worse, he was overheard telling the teen, "You made a big mistake today."
Has agreed to cooperate with police in the investigation, Akon may face questioning concerning the incident. And while no charge has been filed against the star, his lawyer said Thursday June 7th, he believed his client didn't commit any crimes.
This isn't the first time Akon gets into trouble. He recently provoked media frenzy after a video posted online showed him simulating a graphic sex scene with a 14-year-old girl during a concert in Trinidad, which caused Verizon to withdraw its sponsorship of the tour. He, however, insisted that he didn't aware that the girl was underage and that the club wasn't supposed to admit anyone under 18.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'