Kenny Chesney Combines "Poets & Pirates" in New Album
On contrary to his packed discography in the last five years, Kenny Chesney hasn't produced any new album in two years. He was taking the time to "search his soul, dig a little deeper and look for ways to tell the truths, moments and feelings of people like him." The time ends, "Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates" is at the other end.
"I tried on so many titles," Chesney said. "But in the end, it was the simplest name that fit this record the best. Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates pretty much says it all. At the end of the day, you strip it all off, and that's what it comes down to: great songs that are about the smallest things and people who're living just beyond the rules."
Though no release date has been made, the first single off the album "Never Wanted Nothing More" is readily available on radio outlets. According to BNARecords.com, the singer is taking the time off summer tour to put the final polish and will release it later this year.
More Kenny Chesney News
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role