Russell Crowe Wants to Build His Own Sports Stadium
Russell Crowe is a big fan of sports. Got mad with it, the Academy-Award winning actor is obsessed to build a new sports stadium in hometown Sydney, Australia.
In an attempt to make his dream comes true, Crowe, the co-owner of National Rugby League team the South Sydney Rabbitohs, reportedly is in talks with Anthony LaPaglia, a director and shareholder in the Sydney FC soccer team, to create a new sports ground in the city.
Report on that matter has been confirmed by LaPaglia who told the USA Today newspaper, "Russell and I have been talking to each other about the possibility of joining forces to achieve this goal. He wants a stadium, I want a stadium, and we think together there is a possibility we might be able to pull it off. We would combine forces to have a home field, and training facilities."
Both Crowe and LaPaglia have been in talks for around four months about constructing the stadium, a 25,000-seater stadium which could be used by their teams.
Aside from his love for sports, Crowe has been tapped to star in the forthcoming action drama flick "Nottingham" which is expected to start early next year under the direction of Ridley Scott who last collaborated with the actor in the upcoming "American Gangster" slated for November 2nd release date.
More Russell Crowe News
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series