Russell Crowe Wants to Build His Own Sports Stadium
Russell Crowe is a big fan of sports. Got mad with it, the Academy-Award winning actor is obsessed to build a new sports stadium in hometown Sydney, Australia.
In an attempt to make his dream comes true, Crowe, the co-owner of National Rugby League team the South Sydney Rabbitohs, reportedly is in talks with Anthony LaPaglia, a director and shareholder in the Sydney FC soccer team, to create a new sports ground in the city.
Report on that matter has been confirmed by LaPaglia who told the USA Today newspaper, "Russell and I have been talking to each other about the possibility of joining forces to achieve this goal. He wants a stadium, I want a stadium, and we think together there is a possibility we might be able to pull it off. We would combine forces to have a home field, and training facilities."
Both Crowe and LaPaglia have been in talks for around four months about constructing the stadium, a 25,000-seater stadium which could be used by their teams.
Aside from his love for sports, Crowe has been tapped to star in the forthcoming action drama flick "Nottingham" which is expected to start early next year under the direction of Ridley Scott who last collaborated with the actor in the upcoming "American Gangster" slated for November 2nd release date.
More Russell Crowe News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show