Katharine McPhee Is "The Last Caller"
Already scored her initial success in recording industry, "American Idol " runner-up Katharine McPhee now is ready to spark another career in acting field.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the 23-year-old singer will make her leading acting debut in indie flick "The Last Caller", a dark romantic comedy which presents her as a self-obsessed woman who searches for love, hope, and meaning during a few random events with other urban seekers.
Project will be developed from the script written by Michael Albanese and is slated to enter production by this fall in New York using budget around $5 million-$8 million range. Hilary Shor is in charge to produce via her Hit and Run Productions alongside Zenith Film Group's Nicholas Cokas with Robert Hawk serving as associate producer.
McPhee, a Los Angeles native, was named the "Idol" runner-up in the fifth season of the popular reality show which concluded on May 24, 2006. The beauty actually is not a novice in the performing arts, having been nominated for a Theatre L.A. Ovation Award while securing bit part in 2006 musical feature "Crazy."
More Katharine McPhee News
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday