Katharine McPhee Is "The Last Caller"
Already scored her initial success in recording industry, "American Idol " runner-up Katharine McPhee now is ready to spark another career in acting field.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the 23-year-old singer will make her leading acting debut in indie flick "The Last Caller", a dark romantic comedy which presents her as a self-obsessed woman who searches for love, hope, and meaning during a few random events with other urban seekers.
Project will be developed from the script written by Michael Albanese and is slated to enter production by this fall in New York using budget around $5 million-$8 million range. Hilary Shor is in charge to produce via her Hit and Run Productions alongside Zenith Film Group's Nicholas Cokas with Robert Hawk serving as associate producer.
McPhee, a Los Angeles native, was named the "Idol" runner-up in the fifth season of the popular reality show which concluded on May 24, 2006. The beauty actually is not a novice in the performing arts, having been nominated for a Theatre L.A. Ovation Award while securing bit part in 2006 musical feature "Crazy."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival