Katharine McPhee Is "The Last Caller"
Already scored her initial success in recording industry, "American Idol " runner-up Katharine McPhee now is ready to spark another career in acting field.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the 23-year-old singer will make her leading acting debut in indie flick "The Last Caller", a dark romantic comedy which presents her as a self-obsessed woman who searches for love, hope, and meaning during a few random events with other urban seekers.
Project will be developed from the script written by Michael Albanese and is slated to enter production by this fall in New York using budget around $5 million-$8 million range. Hilary Shor is in charge to produce via her Hit and Run Productions alongside Zenith Film Group's Nicholas Cokas with Robert Hawk serving as associate producer.
McPhee, a Los Angeles native, was named the "Idol" runner-up in the fifth season of the popular reality show which concluded on May 24, 2006. The beauty actually is not a novice in the performing arts, having been nominated for a Theatre L.A. Ovation Award while securing bit part in 2006 musical feature "Crazy."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'