Katharine McPhee Is "The Last Caller"
Already scored her initial success in recording industry, "American Idol " runner-up Katharine McPhee now is ready to spark another career in acting field.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the 23-year-old singer will make her leading acting debut in indie flick "The Last Caller", a dark romantic comedy which presents her as a self-obsessed woman who searches for love, hope, and meaning during a few random events with other urban seekers.
Project will be developed from the script written by Michael Albanese and is slated to enter production by this fall in New York using budget around $5 million-$8 million range. Hilary Shor is in charge to produce via her Hit and Run Productions alongside Zenith Film Group's Nicholas Cokas with Robert Hawk serving as associate producer.
McPhee, a Los Angeles native, was named the "Idol" runner-up in the fifth season of the popular reality show which concluded on May 24, 2006. The beauty actually is not a novice in the performing arts, having been nominated for a Theatre L.A. Ovation Award while securing bit part in 2006 musical feature "Crazy."
More Katharine McPhee News
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship