Katharine McPhee Is "The Last Caller"
Already scored her initial success in recording industry, "American Idol " runner-up Katharine McPhee now is ready to spark another career in acting field.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the 23-year-old singer will make her leading acting debut in indie flick "The Last Caller", a dark romantic comedy which presents her as a self-obsessed woman who searches for love, hope, and meaning during a few random events with other urban seekers.
Project will be developed from the script written by Michael Albanese and is slated to enter production by this fall in New York using budget around $5 million-$8 million range. Hilary Shor is in charge to produce via her Hit and Run Productions alongside Zenith Film Group's Nicholas Cokas with Robert Hawk serving as associate producer.
McPhee, a Los Angeles native, was named the "Idol" runner-up in the fifth season of the popular reality show which concluded on May 24, 2006. The beauty actually is not a novice in the performing arts, having been nominated for a Theatre L.A. Ovation Award while securing bit part in 2006 musical feature "Crazy."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch