Brian Helgeland Reconstructing "Nottingham"
A fundamental change is happening to Universal Pictures' "Nottingham" now as "L.A. Confidential" scribe Brian Helgeland reportedly has been picked up to rewrite the movie's script originally penned by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris.
The revisionist take on the legend of Robin Hood, the ambitious project is said to present the Sheriff of Nottingham more as a noble lawman than an evil king's right-hand man as depicted in the tale. It has been confirmed that Oscar winner Russell Crowe is set to portray the character.
Production is expected to start early next year under the direction of Ridley Scott who last collaborated with Crowe in the upcoming "American Gangster." Meanwhile, Brian Grazer is committed to produce through his Imagine Entertainment production company.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour