Brian Helgeland Reconstructing "Nottingham"
A fundamental change is happening to Universal Pictures' "Nottingham" now as "L.A. Confidential" scribe Brian Helgeland reportedly has been picked up to rewrite the movie's script originally penned by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris.
The revisionist take on the legend of Robin Hood, the ambitious project is said to present the Sheriff of Nottingham more as a noble lawman than an evil king's right-hand man as depicted in the tale. It has been confirmed that Oscar winner Russell Crowe is set to portray the character.
Production is expected to start early next year under the direction of Ridley Scott who last collaborated with Crowe in the upcoming "American Gangster." Meanwhile, Brian Grazer is committed to produce through his Imagine Entertainment production company.
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series