Brian Helgeland Reconstructing "Nottingham"
A fundamental change is happening to Universal Pictures' "Nottingham" now as "L.A. Confidential" scribe Brian Helgeland reportedly has been picked up to rewrite the movie's script originally penned by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris.
The revisionist take on the legend of Robin Hood, the ambitious project is said to present the Sheriff of Nottingham more as a noble lawman than an evil king's right-hand man as depicted in the tale. It has been confirmed that Oscar winner Russell Crowe is set to portray the character.
Production is expected to start early next year under the direction of Ridley Scott who last collaborated with Crowe in the upcoming "American Gangster." Meanwhile, Brian Grazer is committed to produce through his Imagine Entertainment production company.
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry