Brian Helgeland Reconstructing "Nottingham"
A fundamental change is happening to Universal Pictures' "Nottingham" now as "L.A. Confidential" scribe Brian Helgeland reportedly has been picked up to rewrite the movie's script originally penned by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris.
The revisionist take on the legend of Robin Hood, the ambitious project is said to present the Sheriff of Nottingham more as a noble lawman than an evil king's right-hand man as depicted in the tale. It has been confirmed that Oscar winner Russell Crowe is set to portray the character.
Production is expected to start early next year under the direction of Ridley Scott who last collaborated with Crowe in the upcoming "American Gangster." Meanwhile, Brian Grazer is committed to produce through his Imagine Entertainment production company.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl