Brian Helgeland Reconstructing "Nottingham"
A fundamental change is happening to Universal Pictures' "Nottingham" now as "L.A. Confidential" scribe Brian Helgeland reportedly has been picked up to rewrite the movie's script originally penned by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris.
The revisionist take on the legend of Robin Hood, the ambitious project is said to present the Sheriff of Nottingham more as a noble lawman than an evil king's right-hand man as depicted in the tale. It has been confirmed that Oscar winner Russell Crowe is set to portray the character.
Production is expected to start early next year under the direction of Ridley Scott who last collaborated with Crowe in the upcoming "American Gangster." Meanwhile, Brian Grazer is committed to produce through his Imagine Entertainment production company.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son