Mark Ruffalo Suffers from "Blindness"
Making a quick move to find the replacement for Daniel Craig, filmmakers of "Blindness" has appointed "Zodiac" star Mark Ruffalo to fill in the role dropped by the "Casino Royale" actor in his negotiations last month.
Being so, the Wisconsin native thereby will portray a doctor living in an unidentified town struck by an outbreak of blindness whose wife manages to escape the plague. Already cast as the wife is Julianne Moore, who currently can be seen in Lee Tamahori's sci-fi thriller "Next."
An adaptation of the Jose Saramago novel, "Blindness" will be developed from the screenplay penned by Canadian screenwriter Don McKellar under the direction of Brazilian filmmaker Fernando Meirelles. Filming is due to begin this summer in Sao Paolo, Brazil with Meirelles also producing via his 02 Filmes shingle alongside Niv Fichman, Andrea Barata Ribeiro, and Sonoko Sakai.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism