Minnie Driver Takes Chance on Second Album
Minnie Driver is back to music mode with new album although quite battered with the mildly received debut album "Everything I've Got in My Pocket". Refusing to give up, Driver got her hands on the writing of the 12 tracks and even played the guitar herself.
The sophomore effort that is titled "Seastories" still has the same producer Marc "Doc" Dauer to helm the project, but there is now also the contribution of Grammy Award winning Jim Scott, singer/songwriters Ryan Adams and Liz Phair among others.
Driver recorded the album in two sessions. The first took place in New York City's Loho Studios with Adams while the second half was done in her residency, Los Angeles. "There was a whole flavour to the New York sessions that was darker and more insular, while the L.A. vibe was open, sunnier and more hopeful," said Driver.
The album is due July 10 via Zoe/Rounder Records and is going to be supported with a U.S. tour this summer.
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!