Minnie Driver Takes Chance on Second Album
Minnie Driver is back to music mode with new album although quite battered with the mildly received debut album "Everything I've Got in My Pocket". Refusing to give up, Driver got her hands on the writing of the 12 tracks and even played the guitar herself.
The sophomore effort that is titled "Seastories" still has the same producer Marc "Doc" Dauer to helm the project, but there is now also the contribution of Grammy Award winning Jim Scott, singer/songwriters Ryan Adams and Liz Phair among others.
Driver recorded the album in two sessions. The first took place in New York City's Loho Studios with Adams while the second half was done in her residency, Los Angeles. "There was a whole flavour to the New York sessions that was darker and more insular, while the L.A. vibe was open, sunnier and more hopeful," said Driver.
The album is due July 10 via Zoe/Rounder Records and is going to be supported with a U.S. tour this summer.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny