Minnie Driver Takes Chance on Second Album
Minnie Driver is back to music mode with new album although quite battered with the mildly received debut album "Everything I've Got in My Pocket". Refusing to give up, Driver got her hands on the writing of the 12 tracks and even played the guitar herself.
The sophomore effort that is titled "Seastories" still has the same producer Marc "Doc" Dauer to helm the project, but there is now also the contribution of Grammy Award winning Jim Scott, singer/songwriters Ryan Adams and Liz Phair among others.
Driver recorded the album in two sessions. The first took place in New York City's Loho Studios with Adams while the second half was done in her residency, Los Angeles. "There was a whole flavour to the New York sessions that was darker and more insular, while the L.A. vibe was open, sunnier and more hopeful," said Driver.
The album is due July 10 via Zoe/Rounder Records and is going to be supported with a U.S. tour this summer.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince