Minnie Driver Takes Chance on Second Album
Minnie Driver is back to music mode with new album although quite battered with the mildly received debut album "Everything I've Got in My Pocket". Refusing to give up, Driver got her hands on the writing of the 12 tracks and even played the guitar herself.
The sophomore effort that is titled "Seastories" still has the same producer Marc "Doc" Dauer to helm the project, but there is now also the contribution of Grammy Award winning Jim Scott, singer/songwriters Ryan Adams and Liz Phair among others.
Driver recorded the album in two sessions. The first took place in New York City's Loho Studios with Adams while the second half was done in her residency, Los Angeles. "There was a whole flavour to the New York sessions that was darker and more insular, while the L.A. vibe was open, sunnier and more hopeful," said Driver.
The album is due July 10 via Zoe/Rounder Records and is going to be supported with a U.S. tour this summer.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked