Minnie Driver Takes Chance on Second Album
Minnie Driver is back to music mode with new album although quite battered with the mildly received debut album "Everything I've Got in My Pocket". Refusing to give up, Driver got her hands on the writing of the 12 tracks and even played the guitar herself.
The sophomore effort that is titled "Seastories" still has the same producer Marc "Doc" Dauer to helm the project, but there is now also the contribution of Grammy Award winning Jim Scott, singer/songwriters Ryan Adams and Liz Phair among others.
Driver recorded the album in two sessions. The first took place in New York City's Loho Studios with Adams while the second half was done in her residency, Los Angeles. "There was a whole flavour to the New York sessions that was darker and more insular, while the L.A. vibe was open, sunnier and more hopeful," said Driver.
The album is due July 10 via Zoe/Rounder Records and is going to be supported with a U.S. tour this summer.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture