Kate Moss' Nude Photographs Sold a Total of £183,000
Kate Moss is highly priced, literally. Nude photographs of the troubled supermodel fetched a total of £183,000 ($366,000) when they went up for sale in a London auction Thursday May 31st.
Detailing on the auction took place in four separate lots, the six foot square photograph of a naked Moss, taken by Albert Watson, sold for £54,000 ($108,000), which was five times the amount auction house Christie's had expected.
In addition, a 1996 portrait of Moss entitled "Kate Moss (Hand on Neck)" went fetched £38,400 ($76,800), while a 1993 photo of her shot by Corinne Day for the cover of fashion magazine Vogue sold for £6,600 ($13,200).
However, the most expensive photos were a set of six prints showing Moss without make-up taken by Chuck Close in 2003 that went for 84,000 pounds ($168,000). They were originally estimated to go for only £20,000 ($40,000).
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season