Kate Moss' Nude Photographs Sold a Total of £183,000
Kate Moss is highly priced, literally. Nude photographs of the troubled supermodel fetched a total of £183,000 ($366,000) when they went up for sale in a London auction Thursday May 31st.
Detailing on the auction took place in four separate lots, the six foot square photograph of a naked Moss, taken by Albert Watson, sold for £54,000 ($108,000), which was five times the amount auction house Christie's had expected.
In addition, a 1996 portrait of Moss entitled "Kate Moss (Hand on Neck)" went fetched £38,400 ($76,800), while a 1993 photo of her shot by Corinne Day for the cover of fashion magazine Vogue sold for £6,600 ($13,200).
However, the most expensive photos were a set of six prints showing Moss without make-up taken by Chuck Close in 2003 that went for 84,000 pounds ($168,000). They were originally estimated to go for only £20,000 ($40,000).
More Kate Moss News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!