Kate Moss' Nude Photographs Sold a Total of £183,000
Kate Moss is highly priced, literally. Nude photographs of the troubled supermodel fetched a total of £183,000 ($366,000) when they went up for sale in a London auction Thursday May 31st.
Detailing on the auction took place in four separate lots, the six foot square photograph of a naked Moss, taken by Albert Watson, sold for £54,000 ($108,000), which was five times the amount auction house Christie's had expected.
In addition, a 1996 portrait of Moss entitled "Kate Moss (Hand on Neck)" went fetched £38,400 ($76,800), while a 1993 photo of her shot by Corinne Day for the cover of fashion magazine Vogue sold for £6,600 ($13,200).
However, the most expensive photos were a set of six prints showing Moss without make-up taken by Chuck Close in 2003 that went for 84,000 pounds ($168,000). They were originally estimated to go for only £20,000 ($40,000).
More Kate Moss News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce