Kate Moss' Nude Photographs Sold a Total of £183,000
Kate Moss is highly priced, literally. Nude photographs of the troubled supermodel fetched a total of £183,000 ($366,000) when they went up for sale in a London auction Thursday May 31st.
Detailing on the auction took place in four separate lots, the six foot square photograph of a naked Moss, taken by Albert Watson, sold for £54,000 ($108,000), which was five times the amount auction house Christie's had expected.
In addition, a 1996 portrait of Moss entitled "Kate Moss (Hand on Neck)" went fetched £38,400 ($76,800), while a 1993 photo of her shot by Corinne Day for the cover of fashion magazine Vogue sold for £6,600 ($13,200).
However, the most expensive photos were a set of six prints showing Moss without make-up taken by Chuck Close in 2003 that went for 84,000 pounds ($168,000). They were originally estimated to go for only £20,000 ($40,000).
More Kate Moss News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent