Kate Moss' Nude Photographs Sold a Total of £183,000
Kate Moss is highly priced, literally. Nude photographs of the troubled supermodel fetched a total of £183,000 ($366,000) when they went up for sale in a London auction Thursday May 31st.
Detailing on the auction took place in four separate lots, the six foot square photograph of a naked Moss, taken by Albert Watson, sold for £54,000 ($108,000), which was five times the amount auction house Christie's had expected.
In addition, a 1996 portrait of Moss entitled "Kate Moss (Hand on Neck)" went fetched £38,400 ($76,800), while a 1993 photo of her shot by Corinne Day for the cover of fashion magazine Vogue sold for £6,600 ($13,200).
However, the most expensive photos were a set of six prints showing Moss without make-up taken by Chuck Close in 2003 that went for 84,000 pounds ($168,000). They were originally estimated to go for only £20,000 ($40,000).
More Kate Moss News
- 'The Flash' Season 3 Finale Confirms the Twisted Theory, Reveals Real Victim
- Scott Disick Hoping for 'Awkward Run-In' With Kourtney Kardashian During Outing With Bella Thorne
- 'American Crime Story': Get Official First Look at Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Hollywood Mourns the Death of James Bond Star Roger Moore
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing