No Charges for Hugh Grant Over "Baked Bean Attack"
Hugh Grant is innocent. The British actor will not face charges over claims he attacked a photographer with a tub of baked beans and kicked out at him, the Crown Prosecution Service said Saturday June 2nd.
Grant was arrested by police and released after posting bail after allegedly attacking photographer Ian Whittaker near his London home in April. Whittaker alleged that Grant attacked him after he reportedly tried to take photographs of Grant's former girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley, who lives nearby.
There was too little evidence to charge the 46-year-old actor over the kicking "because there were clear discrepancies between the accounts of independent witnesses and those of the photographers involved," the CPS explained.
"In relation to a second allegation involving a discarded take-away food container, the CPS decided that a prosecution would not be in the public interest in light of the minimal nature of the alleged assault, the lack of premeditation on the part of Mr. Grant and the overall circumstances of the incident," the CPS revealed further.
More Hugh Grant News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation