No Charges for Hugh Grant Over "Baked Bean Attack"
Hugh Grant is innocent. The British actor will not face charges over claims he attacked a photographer with a tub of baked beans and kicked out at him, the Crown Prosecution Service said Saturday June 2nd.
Grant was arrested by police and released after posting bail after allegedly attacking photographer Ian Whittaker near his London home in April. Whittaker alleged that Grant attacked him after he reportedly tried to take photographs of Grant's former girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley, who lives nearby.
There was too little evidence to charge the 46-year-old actor over the kicking "because there were clear discrepancies between the accounts of independent witnesses and those of the photographers involved," the CPS explained.
"In relation to a second allegation involving a discarded take-away food container, the CPS decided that a prosecution would not be in the public interest in light of the minimal nature of the alleged assault, the lack of premeditation on the part of Mr. Grant and the overall circumstances of the incident," the CPS revealed further.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding