No Charges for Hugh Grant Over "Baked Bean Attack"
Hugh Grant is innocent. The British actor will not face charges over claims he attacked a photographer with a tub of baked beans and kicked out at him, the Crown Prosecution Service said Saturday June 2nd.
Grant was arrested by police and released after posting bail after allegedly attacking photographer Ian Whittaker near his London home in April. Whittaker alleged that Grant attacked him after he reportedly tried to take photographs of Grant's former girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley, who lives nearby.
There was too little evidence to charge the 46-year-old actor over the kicking "because there were clear discrepancies between the accounts of independent witnesses and those of the photographers involved," the CPS explained.
"In relation to a second allegation involving a discarded take-away food container, the CPS decided that a prosecution would not be in the public interest in light of the minimal nature of the alleged assault, the lack of premeditation on the part of Mr. Grant and the overall circumstances of the incident," the CPS revealed further.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly