Weinstein Co. Finds the "Silver Linings"
Making a fast move indeed, The Weinstein Company has acquired the film rights to a new graphic novel by Matthew M. Quick which has not even yet been published, Variety has reported.
Entitled "The Silver Linings Playbook" just like the original, the project is likely to stay true to the book's story which centers on a man who, after leaving a mental institution, becomes determined to find the silver lining in his life. No word yet on the production schedule and names attached to work on the movie, but it is informed that Sydney Pollack and Anthony Minghella will both take the producer's seat.
Taking shape in 2005, The Weinstein Company was founded by brothers Harvey and Bob Weinstein after their departure from Disney-owned Miramax Films. Its future film slate include "Outlander", "The Hunting Party", "Kung Fu High School", and "Hellraiser."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation