Weinstein Co. Finds the "Silver Linings"
Making a fast move indeed, The Weinstein Company has acquired the film rights to a new graphic novel by Matthew M. Quick which has not even yet been published, Variety has reported.
Entitled "The Silver Linings Playbook" just like the original, the project is likely to stay true to the book's story which centers on a man who, after leaving a mental institution, becomes determined to find the silver lining in his life. No word yet on the production schedule and names attached to work on the movie, but it is informed that Sydney Pollack and Anthony Minghella will both take the producer's seat.
Taking shape in 2005, The Weinstein Company was founded by brothers Harvey and Bob Weinstein after their departure from Disney-owned Miramax Films. Its future film slate include "Outlander", "The Hunting Party", "Kung Fu High School", and "Hellraiser."
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'