Weinstein Co. Finds the "Silver Linings"
Making a fast move indeed, The Weinstein Company has acquired the film rights to a new graphic novel by Matthew M. Quick which has not even yet been published, Variety has reported.
Entitled "The Silver Linings Playbook" just like the original, the project is likely to stay true to the book's story which centers on a man who, after leaving a mental institution, becomes determined to find the silver lining in his life. No word yet on the production schedule and names attached to work on the movie, but it is informed that Sydney Pollack and Anthony Minghella will both take the producer's seat.
Taking shape in 2005, The Weinstein Company was founded by brothers Harvey and Bob Weinstein after their departure from Disney-owned Miramax Films. Its future film slate include "Outlander", "The Hunting Party", "Kung Fu High School", and "Hellraiser."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs