Weinstein Co. Finds the "Silver Linings"
Making a fast move indeed, The Weinstein Company has acquired the film rights to a new graphic novel by Matthew M. Quick which has not even yet been published, Variety has reported.
Entitled "The Silver Linings Playbook" just like the original, the project is likely to stay true to the book's story which centers on a man who, after leaving a mental institution, becomes determined to find the silver lining in his life. No word yet on the production schedule and names attached to work on the movie, but it is informed that Sydney Pollack and Anthony Minghella will both take the producer's seat.
Taking shape in 2005, The Weinstein Company was founded by brothers Harvey and Bob Weinstein after their departure from Disney-owned Miramax Films. Its future film slate include "Outlander", "The Hunting Party", "Kung Fu High School", and "Hellraiser."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby