Weinstein Co. Finds the "Silver Linings"
Making a fast move indeed, The Weinstein Company has acquired the film rights to a new graphic novel by Matthew M. Quick which has not even yet been published, Variety has reported.
Entitled "The Silver Linings Playbook" just like the original, the project is likely to stay true to the book's story which centers on a man who, after leaving a mental institution, becomes determined to find the silver lining in his life. No word yet on the production schedule and names attached to work on the movie, but it is informed that Sydney Pollack and Anthony Minghella will both take the producer's seat.
Taking shape in 2005, The Weinstein Company was founded by brothers Harvey and Bob Weinstein after their departure from Disney-owned Miramax Films. Its future film slate include "Outlander", "The Hunting Party", "Kung Fu High School", and "Hellraiser."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal