"Nelson" Duo Facing "Calamity"
Brought together once again after acclaimed indie flick "Half Nelson", duo Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden have both given agreement to pen "Special Topics in Calamity Physics" for Miramax Films, Variety has reported.
A big screen adaptation of Marisha Pessl's novel of the same name, pic concerns a teenage girl who looks forward to the normalcy of a full senior year in a North Carolina high school after moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father. Things, however, get darker instead when she is caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Apart from the writing duties, Fleck is also attached to direct while Boden is set to executive produce as well with Scott Rudin serving as the producer. The two are currently working on sports drama "Sugar" and have come onboard to direct Paramount Pictures' "It's Kind of a Funny Story" which Kevin Misher is producing.
- Are Caitlyn Jenner and Amber Rose Wooing Each Other?
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer