"Nelson" Duo Facing "Calamity"
Brought together once again after acclaimed indie flick "Half Nelson", duo Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden have both given agreement to pen "Special Topics in Calamity Physics" for Miramax Films, Variety has reported.
A big screen adaptation of Marisha Pessl's novel of the same name, pic concerns a teenage girl who looks forward to the normalcy of a full senior year in a North Carolina high school after moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father. Things, however, get darker instead when she is caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Apart from the writing duties, Fleck is also attached to direct while Boden is set to executive produce as well with Scott Rudin serving as the producer. The two are currently working on sports drama "Sugar" and have come onboard to direct Paramount Pictures' "It's Kind of a Funny Story" which Kevin Misher is producing.
- Watch Charlie Puth's Sexy Music Video for 'Attention'
- Real-Life Vigilante! Tom Hardy Goes Into 'Superhero Mode' to Take Down a Thief
- Watch First Footage of ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake
- Madonna Biopic 'Blonde Ambition' Is in the Works at Universal
- Rihanna on Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's Romance: She Thinks It's 'Tasteless'
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'