"Nelson" Duo Facing "Calamity"
Brought together once again after acclaimed indie flick "Half Nelson", duo Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden have both given agreement to pen "Special Topics in Calamity Physics" for Miramax Films, Variety has reported.
A big screen adaptation of Marisha Pessl's novel of the same name, pic concerns a teenage girl who looks forward to the normalcy of a full senior year in a North Carolina high school after moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father. Things, however, get darker instead when she is caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Apart from the writing duties, Fleck is also attached to direct while Boden is set to executive produce as well with Scott Rudin serving as the producer. The two are currently working on sports drama "Sugar" and have come onboard to direct Paramount Pictures' "It's Kind of a Funny Story" which Kevin Misher is producing.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video