"Nelson" Duo Facing "Calamity"
Brought together once again after acclaimed indie flick "Half Nelson", duo Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden have both given agreement to pen "Special Topics in Calamity Physics" for Miramax Films, Variety has reported.
A big screen adaptation of Marisha Pessl's novel of the same name, pic concerns a teenage girl who looks forward to the normalcy of a full senior year in a North Carolina high school after moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father. Things, however, get darker instead when she is caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Apart from the writing duties, Fleck is also attached to direct while Boden is set to executive produce as well with Scott Rudin serving as the producer. The two are currently working on sports drama "Sugar" and have come onboard to direct Paramount Pictures' "It's Kind of a Funny Story" which Kevin Misher is producing.
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover