"Nelson" Duo Facing "Calamity"
Brought together once again after acclaimed indie flick "Half Nelson", duo Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden have both given agreement to pen "Special Topics in Calamity Physics" for Miramax Films, Variety has reported.
A big screen adaptation of Marisha Pessl's novel of the same name, pic concerns a teenage girl who looks forward to the normalcy of a full senior year in a North Carolina high school after moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father. Things, however, get darker instead when she is caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Apart from the writing duties, Fleck is also attached to direct while Boden is set to executive produce as well with Scott Rudin serving as the producer. The two are currently working on sports drama "Sugar" and have come onboard to direct Paramount Pictures' "It's Kind of a Funny Story" which Kevin Misher is producing.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service