Weekend North American Box Office of June 1-3, 2007
Coming out as a complete package of cinematic entertainment for its adventurous tale, memorable characters, and stunning special effect, it's really not surprising to find "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End" continuing to draw big bucks to once again take the top spot on weekend domestic box office ended June 3, 2007.
Plundering $44.2 million in its second spin on the chart, the latest installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean" series thereby forces newcomer "Knocked Up" to get satisfied with just being the runner-up as the comedy fares way lesser at $30.6 million in its first three-day run. However, the amount proves decent enough to push "Shrek the Third" down to number three after the animated adventure only makes its way to add another $28 million into its pocket.
Finished on the fourth rank is another new release "Mr. Brooks" which manages to collect a hefty $10 million, a tally that certainly outdoes the $7.5 million booty the summer's other blockbuster heavyweight "Spider-Man 3" has pulled.
Southern comedy "Waitress" comes up next on the sixth slot for its fair effort in garnering $2 million to raise its total gross to $9.4 million followed by Davis Guggenheim's sports drama "Gracie" and William Friedkin's thriller "Bug", the former taking in $1.3 million in its debut while the latter one earning $1.28 million.
Claiming the rest two positions to round out the top ten flicks of the list are futuristic zombie movie "28 Weeks Later…" and DreamWorks release "Disturbia" with respective income of $1.21 million and $1.1 million.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son