Bon Jovi Giving Head Start to Revived MTV's "Unplugged"
Making a return, MTV's "Unplugged" won't take half for what can be full throttle. Names of musicians already on the list to fill in this summer's episodes are Bon Jovi, The Police, Kenny Chesney, Mary J. Blige, and John Mayer.
As the opening, Bon Jovi will give a head start of the series on June 22 on MTV. This footage will also be viewed on VH1 and CMT with the network's respective tailored version of "Unplugged". The broadcast will coincide with the band's new album "Lost Highway" which comes out 3 days prior the show.
Bon Jovi in particular is the biggest inspiration of this program. After an acoustic session of the band and Richie Sambora at the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards, the program was created and aired for the first time in November 1989 featuring Squeeze, Syd Straw and Elliot Easton.
No schedule for the next performers has been released, but The Police was reported to get their slot in mid-July after their "Unplugged" session in Miami.
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified