Bon Jovi Giving Head Start to Revived MTV's "Unplugged"
Making a return, MTV's "Unplugged" won't take half for what can be full throttle. Names of musicians already on the list to fill in this summer's episodes are Bon Jovi, The Police, Kenny Chesney, Mary J. Blige, and John Mayer.
As the opening, Bon Jovi will give a head start of the series on June 22 on MTV. This footage will also be viewed on VH1 and CMT with the network's respective tailored version of "Unplugged". The broadcast will coincide with the band's new album "Lost Highway" which comes out 3 days prior the show.
Bon Jovi in particular is the biggest inspiration of this program. After an acoustic session of the band and Richie Sambora at the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards, the program was created and aired for the first time in November 1989 featuring Squeeze, Syd Straw and Elliot Easton.
No schedule for the next performers has been released, but The Police was reported to get their slot in mid-July after their "Unplugged" session in Miami.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie