Bon Jovi Giving Head Start to Revived MTV's "Unplugged"
Making a return, MTV's "Unplugged" won't take half for what can be full throttle. Names of musicians already on the list to fill in this summer's episodes are Bon Jovi, The Police, Kenny Chesney, Mary J. Blige, and John Mayer.
As the opening, Bon Jovi will give a head start of the series on June 22 on MTV. This footage will also be viewed on VH1 and CMT with the network's respective tailored version of "Unplugged". The broadcast will coincide with the band's new album "Lost Highway" which comes out 3 days prior the show.
Bon Jovi in particular is the biggest inspiration of this program. After an acoustic session of the band and Richie Sambora at the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards, the program was created and aired for the first time in November 1989 featuring Squeeze, Syd Straw and Elliot Easton.
No schedule for the next performers has been released, but The Police was reported to get their slot in mid-July after their "Unplugged" session in Miami.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'