Bon Jovi Giving Head Start to Revived MTV's "Unplugged"
Making a return, MTV's "Unplugged" won't take half for what can be full throttle. Names of musicians already on the list to fill in this summer's episodes are Bon Jovi, The Police, Kenny Chesney, Mary J. Blige, and John Mayer.
As the opening, Bon Jovi will give a head start of the series on June 22 on MTV. This footage will also be viewed on VH1 and CMT with the network's respective tailored version of "Unplugged". The broadcast will coincide with the band's new album "Lost Highway" which comes out 3 days prior the show.
Bon Jovi in particular is the biggest inspiration of this program. After an acoustic session of the band and Richie Sambora at the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards, the program was created and aired for the first time in November 1989 featuring Squeeze, Syd Straw and Elliot Easton.
No schedule for the next performers has been released, but The Police was reported to get their slot in mid-July after their "Unplugged" session in Miami.
More Bon Jovi News
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman