Bon Jovi Giving Head Start to Revived MTV's "Unplugged"
Making a return, MTV's "Unplugged" won't take half for what can be full throttle. Names of musicians already on the list to fill in this summer's episodes are Bon Jovi, The Police, Kenny Chesney, Mary J. Blige, and John Mayer.
As the opening, Bon Jovi will give a head start of the series on June 22 on MTV. This footage will also be viewed on VH1 and CMT with the network's respective tailored version of "Unplugged". The broadcast will coincide with the band's new album "Lost Highway" which comes out 3 days prior the show.
Bon Jovi in particular is the biggest inspiration of this program. After an acoustic session of the band and Richie Sambora at the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards, the program was created and aired for the first time in November 1989 featuring Squeeze, Syd Straw and Elliot Easton.
No schedule for the next performers has been released, but The Police was reported to get their slot in mid-July after their "Unplugged" session in Miami.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video