"Insomniac", Enrique Iglesias' Most Varied CD
While people keep questioning what happen to Enrique Iglesias in the past four years, he answers with "Insomniac". Claiming working extra hard on this one, he is taking a deep breath that it finally is complete.
A huge difference from his usual one album per year routine, "Insomniac" really gets its title from the process. "This CD drove me nuts," Iglesias said. "I say that because I beat myself up. There have been times when it was fun, but there were times where it has been ..."
He doesn't regret the time consuming record anyway. From a total of 50 songs, he made the cut to mere 12 which will include 3 Spanish songs, a Lil Wayne featured song and two Anna Kournikova dedicated tracks.
While "Dimelo" which is the Spanish version of first single "Do You Know? (The Ping Pong song)" is quite predictable, his collaboration with rapper Lil Wayne in "Push" is quite unexpected. "If you were to tell anybody Enrique Iglesias is doing a song with Lil Wayne, they'd be like, 'What?'" Iglesias said. "And in the beginning, I thought, 'I don't know.' But once I sang it, got confident and finished it, it worked." His girlfriend Kournikova meanwhile, gets her bits of portion in the songs "Do You Know…" and of course, "Miss You".
"Insomniac" will arrive June 12 via Interscope.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo