"Insomniac", Enrique Iglesias' Most Varied CD
While people keep questioning what happen to Enrique Iglesias in the past four years, he answers with "Insomniac". Claiming working extra hard on this one, he is taking a deep breath that it finally is complete.
A huge difference from his usual one album per year routine, "Insomniac" really gets its title from the process. "This CD drove me nuts," Iglesias said. "I say that because I beat myself up. There have been times when it was fun, but there were times where it has been ..."
He doesn't regret the time consuming record anyway. From a total of 50 songs, he made the cut to mere 12 which will include 3 Spanish songs, a Lil Wayne featured song and two Anna Kournikova dedicated tracks.
While "Dimelo" which is the Spanish version of first single "Do You Know? (The Ping Pong song)" is quite predictable, his collaboration with rapper Lil Wayne in "Push" is quite unexpected. "If you were to tell anybody Enrique Iglesias is doing a song with Lil Wayne, they'd be like, 'What?'" Iglesias said. "And in the beginning, I thought, 'I don't know.' But once I sang it, got confident and finished it, it worked." His girlfriend Kournikova meanwhile, gets her bits of portion in the songs "Do You Know…" and of course, "Miss You".
"Insomniac" will arrive June 12 via Interscope.
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased