"The Women" Are Ready to Roll
"The Women" have power and they are about to show it off to you all. After such hard work, struggle, and numerous attempts, Diane English is ready to debut her direction, the remake of George Cukor's 1939 effort of the same title based on the Clare Boothe Luce novel.
Not only the director has set a start date, but also the female cast who are going to star in the drama-comedy flick, reportedly cost $20 million.
With an August 6th start date being eyed, names like Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Eva Mendes, Jada Pinkett Smith, Debra Messing and Candice Bergen have either signed or are near committing to star in.
Being financed by Inferno Entertainment, Picturehouse and soap-maker Dove, "The Women" will see Jagged Pictures partners Victoria Pearman and Mick Jagger in hand producing alongside English and Inferno's Bill Johnson.
"The Women", slated for early next year release, revolves around a group of close female friends. Relationships start to self-destruct when they learn the one they envied most in their group has a cheating husband.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!