Iggy Pop Holds Free Gig for Children
Issue of children is apparently the main concern for Iggy Pop and his newly reunited band The Stooges. Together they will play a charity show called "Rock the House Live" in benefit of Children's Society on August 31.
The show that is held in Leed's Harewood House will also feature Scottish rock band Idlewild, British garage rock band The Horrors and also Leed's very own indie band The Sunshine Underground. No fee will be extracted from this gig and Iggy is actually the mastermind of this gig idea. "I'm getting a big kick out of making music for the Children's Society," he said. "All kids deserve a good childhood."
Few days ago Iggy's song "Lust for Life" was featured in an award-winning garden hosted by the Children's Society at Chelsea Flower Show. "It's great to know my music reaches out to so many and inspires," he commented.
More Iggy Pop News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7