"Transformers" to Unspool at the 2007 Taormina Film Fest
Taking the highly anticipated flick far from the States, DreamWorks has fixed on its decision to hold the worldwide premiere of "Transformers" in Taormina, Sicily, Italy on June 21 during this year's Taormina Film Festival running June 16-22, the event's artistic director Deborah Young revealed Tuesday, May 29.
"We think the decision to premiere 'Transformers' in Taormina shows a renewed interest in the festival, and it illustrates the strong ties between this Mediterranean festival and American cinema," so Young said while remarking that the screening would represent the first time a major U.S. film of that stature premiered at the 53-year-old Taormina event.
Director Michael Bay, along with several cast members and Paramount Pictures execs, reportedly will arrive on the small town by helicopter in an elaborate ceremony before the June 21 screening.
A live-action version of the popular franchise and toy line, "Transformers" finds Earth lying in the middle of the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons, leaving the future of humankind hanging in the balance. DreamWorks has set July 4, 2007 as the release date of the action sci-fi in North America after launching the flick in Australia and New Zealand on June 29 and July 2, respectively.
More Transformers News
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman