John Woo Traces "Ninja Gold" Trail
Venturing into videogame adaptation, famed action filmmaker John Woo is attached to direct also produce "Ninja Gold" based on the game of the same name he is about to develop alongside Warren Spector, the creator of such video games as "Deus Ex", "Thief: Deadly Shadows", and "System Shock."
Story will focus on a ninja warrior, part of a centuries-old legacy and bloodline, who is forced to confront the reality of covert warfare in the modern world. According to Terrence Chang, Woo's producing partner, the game's concept is "actually based on facts that the Yakuza and the Russian mob are involved in tons of gold being stolen in South Africa."
"The idea actually started with John Woo," Chang remarked. "He wanted to do something involving traditional ninjas in a modern-day setting, and the idea just resonated with me. I was intrigued with the idea of what happens when the traditional and the contemporary come into conflict."
For the big screen version, which thereby will serve as the companion piece to the game, Chang openly revealed that the project would be more reality-based yet will still contain fantastic elements from the game. Production is expected to start next year with Spector to executive produce and Fox Atomic to release it under its banner.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby