John Woo Traces "Ninja Gold" Trail
Venturing into videogame adaptation, famed action filmmaker John Woo is attached to direct also produce "Ninja Gold" based on the game of the same name he is about to develop alongside Warren Spector, the creator of such video games as "Deus Ex", "Thief: Deadly Shadows", and "System Shock."
Story will focus on a ninja warrior, part of a centuries-old legacy and bloodline, who is forced to confront the reality of covert warfare in the modern world. According to Terrence Chang, Woo's producing partner, the game's concept is "actually based on facts that the Yakuza and the Russian mob are involved in tons of gold being stolen in South Africa."
"The idea actually started with John Woo," Chang remarked. "He wanted to do something involving traditional ninjas in a modern-day setting, and the idea just resonated with me. I was intrigued with the idea of what happens when the traditional and the contemporary come into conflict."
For the big screen version, which thereby will serve as the companion piece to the game, Chang openly revealed that the project would be more reality-based yet will still contain fantastic elements from the game. Production is expected to start next year with Spector to executive produce and Fox Atomic to release it under its banner.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift