Three Cuddling the "American Girl"
Keep filling up the flick's cast, filmmakers of "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery" have successfully enticed Joan Cusack, Chris O'Donnell, and Julia Ormond to all come onboard to bring more highlight to the project, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed.
Based on the popular line of historically accurate dolls and books for girls, the picture has already had Abigail Breslin, Stanley Tucci, Jane Krakowski, and Glenne Headly in the lineup as well as Max Thieriot and Wallace Shawn. Breslin will play the titular character, a clever, resourceful girl who helps her mother run a Cincinnati boardinghouse when her father loses his job.
Ormond and O'Donnell will portray the girl's parents while Cusack is billed as a nurse who moves into the boardinghouse. Thieriot, in the meantime, is set to act as a boy accused of committing robberies with Shawn becoming the editor in chief of the Cincinnati Reporter Register.
Shooting is due to begin this Wednesday, May 30 in Toronto, Canada under the direction of Patricia Rozema who is going to helm from script written by Ann Peacock. Julia Roberts, Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas, Marisa Yeres, Stephanie Langhoff, and Lisa Roberts Gillan are all producing for Picturehouse, HBO's venture with New Line Cinema.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'