Foxy Brown Picks "Black Roses" for New Album
Court case off, rapper Foxy Brown moves on with a mix-tape, which will be released on June, and a full-length new album titled "Black Roses". The name choice for the album is claimed to be the most apt to her recent years' experience.
Brown said, "Barrington (Levy) told me he was inspired to write (title track) 'Black Roses' when he went to Africa and there, in a garden, amongst a thousand beautiful flowers, he saw one black rose that was withered and broken, and how tourists would fly in from all over the world to take pictures of it. I have to save some lives, and that's what 'Black Roses' is officially for. That's why the title is so perfect."
The singer has also inked a management deal with Black Hand Entertainment that will be responsible for her Def Jam release. "Chaz is an aggressive businessman who has overcome adversity and roadblocks his entire life," Brown reasoned. "I need a person who can relate to a real struggle and who has experience in moving beyond at the most difficult times."
The album is still incomplete, but a number of musicians such as Jay-Z, Spragga Benz and Baby Champ can be expected to appear as guest artists. The album will come out September 6, almost three weeks prior her court duty on assault charges at Pembroke Pines, Fl. beauty supply store.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie