Foxy Brown Picks "Black Roses" for New Album
Court case off, rapper Foxy Brown moves on with a mix-tape, which will be released on June, and a full-length new album titled "Black Roses". The name choice for the album is claimed to be the most apt to her recent years' experience.
Brown said, "Barrington (Levy) told me he was inspired to write (title track) 'Black Roses' when he went to Africa and there, in a garden, amongst a thousand beautiful flowers, he saw one black rose that was withered and broken, and how tourists would fly in from all over the world to take pictures of it. I have to save some lives, and that's what 'Black Roses' is officially for. That's why the title is so perfect."
The singer has also inked a management deal with Black Hand Entertainment that will be responsible for her Def Jam release. "Chaz is an aggressive businessman who has overcome adversity and roadblocks his entire life," Brown reasoned. "I need a person who can relate to a real struggle and who has experience in moving beyond at the most difficult times."
The album is still incomplete, but a number of musicians such as Jay-Z, Spragga Benz and Baby Champ can be expected to appear as guest artists. The album will come out September 6, almost three weeks prior her court duty on assault charges at Pembroke Pines, Fl. beauty supply store.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia