Foxy Brown Picks "Black Roses" for New Album
Court case off, rapper Foxy Brown moves on with a mix-tape, which will be released on June, and a full-length new album titled "Black Roses". The name choice for the album is claimed to be the most apt to her recent years' experience.
Brown said, "Barrington (Levy) told me he was inspired to write (title track) 'Black Roses' when he went to Africa and there, in a garden, amongst a thousand beautiful flowers, he saw one black rose that was withered and broken, and how tourists would fly in from all over the world to take pictures of it. I have to save some lives, and that's what 'Black Roses' is officially for. That's why the title is so perfect."
The singer has also inked a management deal with Black Hand Entertainment that will be responsible for her Def Jam release. "Chaz is an aggressive businessman who has overcome adversity and roadblocks his entire life," Brown reasoned. "I need a person who can relate to a real struggle and who has experience in moving beyond at the most difficult times."
The album is still incomplete, but a number of musicians such as Jay-Z, Spragga Benz and Baby Champ can be expected to appear as guest artists. The album will come out September 6, almost three weeks prior her court duty on assault charges at Pembroke Pines, Fl. beauty supply store.
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016