Warner Bros. Brings "Pleasant" Surprise
Still burningly hot off its decision to pick up "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" under its banner, Warner Bros. Pictures is also set to develop another new movie entitled "Skulduggery Pleasant", Variety has revealed.
An adaptation of Irish author Derek Landy's book of the same name, the comic-horror adventure will center on a wise-cracking skeleton detective and his young female accomplish who team up together to stop the return of the evil Faceless Ones. Warner Bros. is said to not only have picked up the rights to the book, but those to the future titles in the potential nine-book series as well.
No word yet on the helmer, but it is learned that Landy himself will adapt the book for the screenplay with Pete Czerin and Graham Broadbent of U.K. Blueprint Pictures being attached to produce. This is not the first time Landy gets assigned to write for the big screen since he previously carried out the task on 2003's "Dead Bodies" and 2005's "Boy Eats Girl."
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'