Warner Bros. Brings "Pleasant" Surprise
Still burningly hot off its decision to pick up "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" under its banner, Warner Bros. Pictures is also set to develop another new movie entitled "Skulduggery Pleasant", Variety has revealed.
An adaptation of Irish author Derek Landy's book of the same name, the comic-horror adventure will center on a wise-cracking skeleton detective and his young female accomplish who team up together to stop the return of the evil Faceless Ones. Warner Bros. is said to not only have picked up the rights to the book, but those to the future titles in the potential nine-book series as well.
No word yet on the helmer, but it is learned that Landy himself will adapt the book for the screenplay with Pete Czerin and Graham Broadbent of U.K. Blueprint Pictures being attached to produce. This is not the first time Landy gets assigned to write for the big screen since he previously carried out the task on 2003's "Dead Bodies" and 2005's "Boy Eats Girl."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation