Warner Bros. Brings "Pleasant" Surprise
Still burningly hot off its decision to pick up "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" under its banner, Warner Bros. Pictures is also set to develop another new movie entitled "Skulduggery Pleasant", Variety has revealed.
An adaptation of Irish author Derek Landy's book of the same name, the comic-horror adventure will center on a wise-cracking skeleton detective and his young female accomplish who team up together to stop the return of the evil Faceless Ones. Warner Bros. is said to not only have picked up the rights to the book, but those to the future titles in the potential nine-book series as well.
No word yet on the helmer, but it is learned that Landy himself will adapt the book for the screenplay with Pete Czerin and Graham Broadbent of U.K. Blueprint Pictures being attached to produce. This is not the first time Landy gets assigned to write for the big screen since he previously carried out the task on 2003's "Dead Bodies" and 2005's "Boy Eats Girl."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?