Warner Bros. Brings "Pleasant" Surprise
Still burningly hot off its decision to pick up "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" under its banner, Warner Bros. Pictures is also set to develop another new movie entitled "Skulduggery Pleasant", Variety has revealed.
An adaptation of Irish author Derek Landy's book of the same name, the comic-horror adventure will center on a wise-cracking skeleton detective and his young female accomplish who team up together to stop the return of the evil Faceless Ones. Warner Bros. is said to not only have picked up the rights to the book, but those to the future titles in the potential nine-book series as well.
No word yet on the helmer, but it is learned that Landy himself will adapt the book for the screenplay with Pete Czerin and Graham Broadbent of U.K. Blueprint Pictures being attached to produce. This is not the first time Landy gets assigned to write for the big screen since he previously carried out the task on 2003's "Dead Bodies" and 2005's "Boy Eats Girl."
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'