Rapper Eve Pleaded Not Guilty to Drunken Driving
Eve is free. The rapper was pleaded not guilty Tuesday May 22nd to two drunken driving-related charges stemmed from last month accident during which she crashed her Maserati into a cement divider in Hollywood Blvd.
The Grammy-winning rapper was arrested April 26th on suspicion of DUI after she crashed her Maserati into a divider on Hollywood Boulevard at about 2:40 a.m. She had been formally charged with driving under the influence and driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher.
She was taken into custody and was released after posting $30,000 bail. If found guilty, she faces a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine and six months in jail.
An attorney for Eve entered the plea for the superstar, who was not present in the Los Angeles courtroom. Eve is due back in court on June 28th.
More Eve News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle