Hughes Brothers Keeping the "Book of Eli"
Looks like Allen and Albert Hughes will have something else in marking their return to the directing field instead of "Kung Fu", which the two have already been assigned to helm together since last November.
Variety has learned that the brothers are expected to do first a post-apocalyptic drama entitled "Book of Eli" that Warner Bros. Pictures is set to develop under its banner. The pair last performed helming duties on the 2001 thriller "From Hell", made based on the graphic novel of the same name by writer Alan Moore and artist Eddie Campbell.
Project concerns a lone hero who fights his way across the wasteland of post-apocalyptic America while protecting a sacred book that may hold the key to saving humanity. Gary Whitta has been tapped to work on the script with Joel Silver producing alongside Susan Downey and Erik Olsen.
The brothers actually still have one more big screen project to handle prior to this hiring that is "Ice Man", a fact-based film about serial killer Richard Kuklinski who found his calling as a Mafia hitman. Pic has already had Terry Winter penned the script and Lorenzo di Bonaventura plus Jason Blum as the producers.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie