Hughes Brothers Keeping the "Book of Eli"
Looks like Allen and Albert Hughes will have something else in marking their return to the directing field instead of "Kung Fu", which the two have already been assigned to helm together since last November.
Variety has learned that the brothers are expected to do first a post-apocalyptic drama entitled "Book of Eli" that Warner Bros. Pictures is set to develop under its banner. The pair last performed helming duties on the 2001 thriller "From Hell", made based on the graphic novel of the same name by writer Alan Moore and artist Eddie Campbell.
Project concerns a lone hero who fights his way across the wasteland of post-apocalyptic America while protecting a sacred book that may hold the key to saving humanity. Gary Whitta has been tapped to work on the script with Joel Silver producing alongside Susan Downey and Erik Olsen.
The brothers actually still have one more big screen project to handle prior to this hiring that is "Ice Man", a fact-based film about serial killer Richard Kuklinski who found his calling as a Mafia hitman. Pic has already had Terry Winter penned the script and Lorenzo di Bonaventura plus Jason Blum as the producers.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3