Kenneth Branagh Confirmed for "Valkyrie"
Supporting tidbit made by LatinoReview.com earlier this month about the cast addition for "Valkyrie", Variety has revealed that Kenneth Branagh is indeed joining Tom Cruise to star in the project, Bryan Singer's WWII thriller set up at United Artists.
Based on true story, the picture centers on real-life Nazi officer Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg who, along with several others, carried out the famous assassination attempt on Hitler in July 1944. Branagh is said to portray a German general who mentors Cruise's character and hatches the military coup plan.
Production is slated to start July 19 this year in Berlin with Singer helming from script penned by Christopher McQuarrie and Nathan Alexander as well as producing alongside Cruise and McQuarrie. Flick marks the reunion between Singer and McQuarrie after their collaboration in 1995's "The Usual Suspects."
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?