Former Creed Frontman Scott Stapp Arrested for Domestic Violence
Scott Stapp, Creed former frontman, was arrested Sunday May 20th at his home in Boca Raton, Florida, and charged with assault related to domestic violence, stemmed from an apparent confrontation with his wife, former Miss New York Jaclyn Nesheiwat.
Speaking on the unfortunate, a sheriff spokesman explained, Stapp returned to his residence at about 8 a.m. after a long night of partying and was confronted by wife Jaclyn who began quizzing him on where he'd been. At that point, he became defensive and the couple started arguing.
"He got angrier and allegedly threw a glass bottle of Orangina, almost hitting her in the right side of her face," sheriff spokesman Paul Miller revealed. "She was in fear at that point that he might do something else, so that's when Palm Beach County deputies were called to the scene."
Stapp, who had been charged with aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony, however had the charge reduced to a misdemeanor Monday May 21st. It was all "because the allegation is that Stapp threw a bottle of Orangina at his wife, at her head, and missed and the bottle broke. Based on the circumstances, the defense attorney argued that was not a deadly weapon," Miller said.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert