The U.N. Named Nick Carter Its Special Ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin
Nick Carter becomes UN ambassador. The Backstreet Boys star has been appointed as a U.N. special ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin.
Concerning his new calling, Nick will thus help promoting the United Nations Environment Programme, the Convention on Migratory Species, and the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society for their "Year of the Dolphin" campaign, which aims to raise awareness on the dolphins being endangered in the wild.
He will, in addition, record a new song and video, titled "Believe," with all proceeds going to this project while also make a public service announcement and appear at local schools.
"I was shocked. And happy at the exact same time because I really felt like it was an honor," Nick said Thursday May 17th. "The issues involved with the dolphins are things that I am learning," he went on saying, adding "I am honored to offer my resources and my music to help the United Nations save dolphins and their habitats."
More Nick Carter News
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement