The U.N. Named Nick Carter Its Special Ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin
Nick Carter becomes UN ambassador. The Backstreet Boys star has been appointed as a U.N. special ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin.
Concerning his new calling, Nick will thus help promoting the United Nations Environment Programme, the Convention on Migratory Species, and the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society for their "Year of the Dolphin" campaign, which aims to raise awareness on the dolphins being endangered in the wild.
He will, in addition, record a new song and video, titled "Believe," with all proceeds going to this project while also make a public service announcement and appear at local schools.
"I was shocked. And happy at the exact same time because I really felt like it was an honor," Nick said Thursday May 17th. "The issues involved with the dolphins are things that I am learning," he went on saying, adding "I am honored to offer my resources and my music to help the United Nations save dolphins and their habitats."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked