The U.N. Named Nick Carter Its Special Ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin
Nick Carter becomes UN ambassador. The Backstreet Boys star has been appointed as a U.N. special ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin.
Concerning his new calling, Nick will thus help promoting the United Nations Environment Programme, the Convention on Migratory Species, and the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society for their "Year of the Dolphin" campaign, which aims to raise awareness on the dolphins being endangered in the wild.
He will, in addition, record a new song and video, titled "Believe," with all proceeds going to this project while also make a public service announcement and appear at local schools.
"I was shocked. And happy at the exact same time because I really felt like it was an honor," Nick said Thursday May 17th. "The issues involved with the dolphins are things that I am learning," he went on saying, adding "I am honored to offer my resources and my music to help the United Nations save dolphins and their habitats."
More Nick Carter News
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song