The U.N. Named Nick Carter Its Special Ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin
Nick Carter becomes UN ambassador. The Backstreet Boys star has been appointed as a U.N. special ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin.
Concerning his new calling, Nick will thus help promoting the United Nations Environment Programme, the Convention on Migratory Species, and the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society for their "Year of the Dolphin" campaign, which aims to raise awareness on the dolphins being endangered in the wild.
He will, in addition, record a new song and video, titled "Believe," with all proceeds going to this project while also make a public service announcement and appear at local schools.
"I was shocked. And happy at the exact same time because I really felt like it was an honor," Nick said Thursday May 17th. "The issues involved with the dolphins are things that I am learning," he went on saying, adding "I am honored to offer my resources and my music to help the United Nations save dolphins and their habitats."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour