The U.N. Named Nick Carter Its Special Ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin
Nick Carter becomes UN ambassador. The Backstreet Boys star has been appointed as a U.N. special ambassador of the Year of the Dolphin.
Concerning his new calling, Nick will thus help promoting the United Nations Environment Programme, the Convention on Migratory Species, and the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society for their "Year of the Dolphin" campaign, which aims to raise awareness on the dolphins being endangered in the wild.
He will, in addition, record a new song and video, titled "Believe," with all proceeds going to this project while also make a public service announcement and appear at local schools.
"I was shocked. And happy at the exact same time because I really felt like it was an honor," Nick said Thursday May 17th. "The issues involved with the dolphins are things that I am learning," he went on saying, adding "I am honored to offer my resources and my music to help the United Nations save dolphins and their habitats."
More Nick Carter News
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser