Fox Turns On the "Taps"
The Bunker Hill will be rebuilt, that's for sure. Yes, 20th Century Fox is teaming up with New Regency to develop "Taps", a redo of the 1981 military drama of the same title starred by George C. Scott, Tom Cruise, Timothy Hutton, and Sean Penn.
No acting names boarding the project yet, but it is confirmed that Frank E. Flowers will pen the script with an eye to direct with John Davis producing and Robbie Brenner executive producing. Flowers, who is also attached to helm "The Trespasser", reportedly will begin writing immediately.
The original, directed by Harold Becker, revolves around a group of loyal cadets who seize control of their military academy just as construction crews arrive to tear it down and make room for condos.
"The political climate and the psyche of the country make it an exciting time to tell that story," Flowers commented to Daily Variety. "When you are at war, kids are forced to make decisions normally reserved for adults, like fighting for your country and standing up for what you believe in."
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy