Christina Aguilera Given Green Light in China
In what has been a hard thing to do, Christina Aguilera manages to pass through the surveillance of Chinese government to have a concert there. The "Dirrty" singer has been given the green light to appear at Shanghai's Grand Stage on June 26.
A source told E! Online: "Not every foreign artist has the luck to win Beijing's approval and Christina's sexy performance had been a concern when applying for permission to perform." It is still not known what adjustable features will be made to suit the culture but a source claimed that all of the necessary government approvals have been obtained and tickets are rolling soon.
If everything goes well, this would be Aguilera's only concert on mainland China. "There will be no concert in Beijing or any other mainland cities for this time," another source said. Tickets will be sold between 200 yuan and 2,000 yuan (approximately $26 to $260).
Last year, rapper Jay-Z failed to perform in Shanghai after his lyrics were considered too vulgar for Chinese audiences. Britney Spears was also brought to the same fate after inspected for her costume and song list. The Rolling Stones, however was permitted to play there on the condition that they eliminate some songs.
Aguilera will continue her Back to Basic World tour in several other countries in Asia including Singapore on June 30.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3