Christina Aguilera Given Green Light in China
In what has been a hard thing to do, Christina Aguilera manages to pass through the surveillance of Chinese government to have a concert there. The "Dirrty" singer has been given the green light to appear at Shanghai's Grand Stage on June 26.
A source told E! Online: "Not every foreign artist has the luck to win Beijing's approval and Christina's sexy performance had been a concern when applying for permission to perform." It is still not known what adjustable features will be made to suit the culture but a source claimed that all of the necessary government approvals have been obtained and tickets are rolling soon.
If everything goes well, this would be Aguilera's only concert on mainland China. "There will be no concert in Beijing or any other mainland cities for this time," another source said. Tickets will be sold between 200 yuan and 2,000 yuan (approximately $26 to $260).
Last year, rapper Jay-Z failed to perform in Shanghai after his lyrics were considered too vulgar for Chinese audiences. Britney Spears was also brought to the same fate after inspected for her costume and song list. The Rolling Stones, however was permitted to play there on the condition that they eliminate some songs.
Aguilera will continue her Back to Basic World tour in several other countries in Asia including Singapore on June 30.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says