Daniel Craig Raises an Act of "Defiance"
Truly shines following his performance in "Casino Royale", Daniel Craig has signed on to highlight a WWII action drama feature about a band of Jewish resistance fighters titled "Defiance", ScreenDaily.com has revealed.
Based on a true story, the movie revolves around four Jewish brothers living in Nazi occupied Poland who flee to the Belarussian forest with other Jews and join forces with Russian Resistance fighters. It is said that Paramount Vantage is in advanced negotiations to acquire domestic distribution rights to the film.
Filming is slated to begin in early September with "The Last Samurai" helmer Edward Zwick directing from his own script as well as producing via his Bedford Falls shingle. The Chicago-born filmmaker began developing the project eight years ago after picking up the film rights to Nechama Tec's non-fiction tome of the same name.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal