Daniel Craig Raises an Act of "Defiance"
Truly shines following his performance in "Casino Royale", Daniel Craig has signed on to highlight a WWII action drama feature about a band of Jewish resistance fighters titled "Defiance", ScreenDaily.com has revealed.
Based on a true story, the movie revolves around four Jewish brothers living in Nazi occupied Poland who flee to the Belarussian forest with other Jews and join forces with Russian Resistance fighters. It is said that Paramount Vantage is in advanced negotiations to acquire domestic distribution rights to the film.
Filming is slated to begin in early September with "The Last Samurai" helmer Edward Zwick directing from his own script as well as producing via his Bedford Falls shingle. The Chicago-born filmmaker began developing the project eight years ago after picking up the film rights to Nechama Tec's non-fiction tome of the same name.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris