Daniel Craig Raises an Act of "Defiance"
Truly shines following his performance in "Casino Royale", Daniel Craig has signed on to highlight a WWII action drama feature about a band of Jewish resistance fighters titled "Defiance", ScreenDaily.com has revealed.
Based on a true story, the movie revolves around four Jewish brothers living in Nazi occupied Poland who flee to the Belarussian forest with other Jews and join forces with Russian Resistance fighters. It is said that Paramount Vantage is in advanced negotiations to acquire domestic distribution rights to the film.
Filming is slated to begin in early September with "The Last Samurai" helmer Edward Zwick directing from his own script as well as producing via his Bedford Falls shingle. The Chicago-born filmmaker began developing the project eight years ago after picking up the film rights to Nechama Tec's non-fiction tome of the same name.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart