Daniel Craig Raises an Act of "Defiance"
Truly shines following his performance in "Casino Royale", Daniel Craig has signed on to highlight a WWII action drama feature about a band of Jewish resistance fighters titled "Defiance", ScreenDaily.com has revealed.
Based on a true story, the movie revolves around four Jewish brothers living in Nazi occupied Poland who flee to the Belarussian forest with other Jews and join forces with Russian Resistance fighters. It is said that Paramount Vantage is in advanced negotiations to acquire domestic distribution rights to the film.
Filming is slated to begin in early September with "The Last Samurai" helmer Edward Zwick directing from his own script as well as producing via his Bedford Falls shingle. The Chicago-born filmmaker began developing the project eight years ago after picking up the film rights to Nechama Tec's non-fiction tome of the same name.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack