Lionsgate Summons "The Spirit"
Seems this one could be a project worth to be wait for to come.
Variety has brought in reports informing that Lionsgate has secured domestic and U.K. distribution rights to "The Spirit" and appointed Frank Miller to direct it from the screenplay he himself wrote.
An adaptation of the classic Will Eisner comic book, the picture will tell about a man who fakes his own death so he can fight crime from the shadows of Central City. His nemesis is the Octopus, who kills those unlucky enough to see his face while possessing a desire to wipe out the entire city.
For Miller, this will be his first solo helming effort after previously made his feature directorial debut co-directing "Sin City" with Robert Rodriguez. Widely known as a renowned comic book author, the man has created a number of popular graphic novels that have already been adapted into films such as "300" and "Ronin."
UPDATE: It is later informed that Samuel L. Jackson is currently engaged in talks to take the role of the Octopus, a meek lab assistant who reinvents himself as a psychotic killer, while Odd Lot's Deborah Del Prete and Gigi Pritzker will seat as the producers alongside Michael Uslan of Batfilm.
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion