Lionsgate Summons "The Spirit"
Seems this one could be a project worth to be wait for to come.
Variety has brought in reports informing that Lionsgate has secured domestic and U.K. distribution rights to "The Spirit" and appointed Frank Miller to direct it from the screenplay he himself wrote.
An adaptation of the classic Will Eisner comic book, the picture will tell about a man who fakes his own death so he can fight crime from the shadows of Central City. His nemesis is the Octopus, who kills those unlucky enough to see his face while possessing a desire to wipe out the entire city.
For Miller, this will be his first solo helming effort after previously made his feature directorial debut co-directing "Sin City" with Robert Rodriguez. Widely known as a renowned comic book author, the man has created a number of popular graphic novels that have already been adapted into films such as "300" and "Ronin."
UPDATE: It is later informed that Samuel L. Jackson is currently engaged in talks to take the role of the Octopus, a meek lab assistant who reinvents himself as a psychotic killer, while Odd Lot's Deborah Del Prete and Gigi Pritzker will seat as the producers alongside Michael Uslan of Batfilm.
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment