Names Vying for the 2007 BET Awards' Best Actor/Actress
Showing its recognition on the full dedication the African Americans and other minorities have shown in entertainment field, Black Entertainment Television network once again has revealed the nominees for its BET Awards in its 7th celebration of the event. The list was announced Wednesday, May 16 by rappers T.I. and 50 Cent, Robin Thicke and Tichina Arnold during a press conference at Hollywood's Renaissance Hotel.
For those working in film field, the network rounds out celebrated names of Jamie Foxx, Idris Elba, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, and Forest Whitaker to compete for the Best Actor title. As for the opposite category of Best Actress, the contenders include Arnold, Angela Bassett, Kerry Washington, Chandra Wilson, and Jennifer Hudson, who recently swept three prestigious film awards of Oscar, Actors, and Golden Globe.
In addition, this year's ceremony will also present two special trophies, one of them being the Humanitarian Award which will be bestowed to "Hotel Rwanda" star Don Cheadle. The event will be aired live June 26 on BET from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles with comedienne/actress Mo'Nique returning as the host for the third time.
More Jamie Foxx News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'