Names Vying for the 2007 BET Awards' Best Actor/Actress
Showing its recognition on the full dedication the African Americans and other minorities have shown in entertainment field, Black Entertainment Television network once again has revealed the nominees for its BET Awards in its 7th celebration of the event. The list was announced Wednesday, May 16 by rappers T.I. and 50 Cent, Robin Thicke and Tichina Arnold during a press conference at Hollywood's Renaissance Hotel.
For those working in film field, the network rounds out celebrated names of Jamie Foxx, Idris Elba, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, and Forest Whitaker to compete for the Best Actor title. As for the opposite category of Best Actress, the contenders include Arnold, Angela Bassett, Kerry Washington, Chandra Wilson, and Jennifer Hudson, who recently swept three prestigious film awards of Oscar, Actors, and Golden Globe.
In addition, this year's ceremony will also present two special trophies, one of them being the Humanitarian Award which will be bestowed to "Hotel Rwanda" star Don Cheadle. The event will be aired live June 26 on BET from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles with comedienne/actress Mo'Nique returning as the host for the third time.
More Jamie Foxx News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns