Names Vying for the 2007 BET Awards' Best Actor/Actress
Showing its recognition on the full dedication the African Americans and other minorities have shown in entertainment field, Black Entertainment Television network once again has revealed the nominees for its BET Awards in its 7th celebration of the event. The list was announced Wednesday, May 16 by rappers T.I. and 50 Cent, Robin Thicke and Tichina Arnold during a press conference at Hollywood's Renaissance Hotel.
For those working in film field, the network rounds out celebrated names of Jamie Foxx, Idris Elba, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, and Forest Whitaker to compete for the Best Actor title. As for the opposite category of Best Actress, the contenders include Arnold, Angela Bassett, Kerry Washington, Chandra Wilson, and Jennifer Hudson, who recently swept three prestigious film awards of Oscar, Actors, and Golden Globe.
In addition, this year's ceremony will also present two special trophies, one of them being the Humanitarian Award which will be bestowed to "Hotel Rwanda" star Don Cheadle. The event will be aired live June 26 on BET from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles with comedienne/actress Mo'Nique returning as the host for the third time.
More Jamie Foxx News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie