"Launch" Duo Thrown to Year "2012"
Seems clicked in working together after partnering in "Failure to Launch", writing duo Tom Astle and Matt Ember have agreed to again team up in penning for "2012", a new family action-adventure coming from Paramount Pictures' Nickelodeon Movies.
Astle and Ember recently were tapped to perform the same duty for "Get Smart", Warner Bros. Pictures' adaptation of the 1960s comedy series created by Mel Brooks and Buck Henry. Along with the pair's recruitment for "2012", "Launch" helmer Tom Dey reportedly has also boarded the flick with an eye to direct.
As for the story, pic will center on a family who embarks on a vacation in December 2012, just as the Mayan calendar is coming to a close. Over the decades, many have prophesized that the world will end when the ancient calendar ceases on Dec. 21, 2012.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked