Thomas Jane Quits "Punisher 2"
The Frank Castle moviegoers saw back in 2004's "The Punisher" may not have the same face and figure when he returns for "The Punisher 2."
Yes, the actor portraying the hero, Thomas Jane, has dropped a shocking note to Ain't It Cool News telling he has pulled out of the sequel, which has already been scheduled for a November 2007 release under Lionsgate Films.
"What I won't do is spend months of my life sweating over a movie that I just don't believe in," so he wrote. "I've always loved the Marvel guys, and wish them well. Meanwhile, I'll continue to search for a film that one day might stand with all those films that the fans have asked me to watch."
Still produced by Avi Arad, "The Punisher 2" this time finds the titular character, whose alter ego is Castle, continuing his crusade to punish violent criminals in America, arriving in New York to take on an underworld boss who plots to take control of the underworld. "Collateral" scribe Stuart Beattie has been hired to pen the script with Kevin Feige and Stan Lee seating as the executive producers.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2