Thomas Jane Quits "Punisher 2"
The Frank Castle moviegoers saw back in 2004's "The Punisher" may not have the same face and figure when he returns for "The Punisher 2."
Yes, the actor portraying the hero, Thomas Jane, has dropped a shocking note to Ain't It Cool News telling he has pulled out of the sequel, which has already been scheduled for a November 2007 release under Lionsgate Films.
"What I won't do is spend months of my life sweating over a movie that I just don't believe in," so he wrote. "I've always loved the Marvel guys, and wish them well. Meanwhile, I'll continue to search for a film that one day might stand with all those films that the fans have asked me to watch."
Still produced by Avi Arad, "The Punisher 2" this time finds the titular character, whose alter ego is Castle, continuing his crusade to punish violent criminals in America, arriving in New York to take on an underworld boss who plots to take control of the underworld. "Collateral" scribe Stuart Beattie has been hired to pen the script with Kevin Feige and Stan Lee seating as the executive producers.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake