Thomas Jane Quits "Punisher 2"
The Frank Castle moviegoers saw back in 2004's "The Punisher" may not have the same face and figure when he returns for "The Punisher 2."
Yes, the actor portraying the hero, Thomas Jane, has dropped a shocking note to Ain't It Cool News telling he has pulled out of the sequel, which has already been scheduled for a November 2007 release under Lionsgate Films.
"What I won't do is spend months of my life sweating over a movie that I just don't believe in," so he wrote. "I've always loved the Marvel guys, and wish them well. Meanwhile, I'll continue to search for a film that one day might stand with all those films that the fans have asked me to watch."
Still produced by Avi Arad, "The Punisher 2" this time finds the titular character, whose alter ego is Castle, continuing his crusade to punish violent criminals in America, arriving in New York to take on an underworld boss who plots to take control of the underworld. "Collateral" scribe Stuart Beattie has been hired to pen the script with Kevin Feige and Stan Lee seating as the executive producers.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival