Thomas Jane Quits "Punisher 2"
The Frank Castle moviegoers saw back in 2004's "The Punisher" may not have the same face and figure when he returns for "The Punisher 2."
Yes, the actor portraying the hero, Thomas Jane, has dropped a shocking note to Ain't It Cool News telling he has pulled out of the sequel, which has already been scheduled for a November 2007 release under Lionsgate Films.
"What I won't do is spend months of my life sweating over a movie that I just don't believe in," so he wrote. "I've always loved the Marvel guys, and wish them well. Meanwhile, I'll continue to search for a film that one day might stand with all those films that the fans have asked me to watch."
Still produced by Avi Arad, "The Punisher 2" this time finds the titular character, whose alter ego is Castle, continuing his crusade to punish violent criminals in America, arriving in New York to take on an underworld boss who plots to take control of the underworld. "Collateral" scribe Stuart Beattie has been hired to pen the script with Kevin Feige and Stan Lee seating as the executive producers.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences