Bobby Brown Sues Ex-Wife Whitney Houston for Spousal Support and Custody
Bobby Brown is broke and thus trying to cash in no matter how and what. The singer sues ex-wife Whitney Houston, seeking spousal support and changes to the custody arrangement for their daughter Bobbi Kristina.
In the court documents filed in Orange County, Calif., Brown claims financial and emotional problems prevented him from filing a response to Houston's divorce petition, saying "After Whitney and I separated, I had nowhere to go and very little money to live on. I was, for all intents and purposes, homeless."
Further Brown alleges that he was "distraught and depressed" and didn't understand the importance of responding to Houston's petition on time. He also says Houston told him she'd give him six months to respond to see if they could work things out.
Due to such fact, Brown is seeking shared custody, child support and spousal support from Houston. A court date for Brown's new case has set for June 15th.
Houston filed for a legal separation from Brown in September 2006 after 14 years of marriage. She soght divorce the following month, citing irreconcilable differences, and had it finalized on April 24th the following year.
More Bobby Brown News
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos