Bobby Brown Sues Ex-Wife Whitney Houston for Spousal Support and Custody
Bobby Brown is broke and thus trying to cash in no matter how and what. The singer sues ex-wife Whitney Houston, seeking spousal support and changes to the custody arrangement for their daughter Bobbi Kristina.
In the court documents filed in Orange County, Calif., Brown claims financial and emotional problems prevented him from filing a response to Houston's divorce petition, saying "After Whitney and I separated, I had nowhere to go and very little money to live on. I was, for all intents and purposes, homeless."
Further Brown alleges that he was "distraught and depressed" and didn't understand the importance of responding to Houston's petition on time. He also says Houston told him she'd give him six months to respond to see if they could work things out.
Due to such fact, Brown is seeking shared custody, child support and spousal support from Houston. A court date for Brown's new case has set for June 15th.
Houston filed for a legal separation from Brown in September 2006 after 14 years of marriage. She soght divorce the following month, citing irreconcilable differences, and had it finalized on April 24th the following year.
More Bobby Brown News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'