Nicolas Cage Is "Rising" High
Embracing his Italian roots, Nicolas Cage is poised to take the lead in action drama "The Untouchables: Capone Rising", which will reunite him with director Brian De Palma after "Snake Eyes", MTV has revealed.
A prequel to the 1987 classic "The Untouchables", the project will see Cage play a younger version of the titular character, Al Capone, whose early dealings with Irish cop Jim Malone becomes the center of its story. Capone, known as the leader of criminal gang Chicago Outfit, was notorious for enabling the illegal traffic of alcoholic beverages during the time of their prohibition in the 1920s and 1930s.
In addition to Cage's inclusion, MTV has also claimed that Sean Penn and Colin Farrell are being considered for the role of Malone, previously played by Sean Connery in "The Untouchables." Meanwhile, production on the flick is said to begin October with De Palma helming from script by Brian Koppelman, David Levien, and David Rabe and Donald De Line plus Art Linson producing for Paramount Pictures.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri