Nicolas Cage Is "Rising" High
Embracing his Italian roots, Nicolas Cage is poised to take the lead in action drama "The Untouchables: Capone Rising", which will reunite him with director Brian De Palma after "Snake Eyes", MTV has revealed.
A prequel to the 1987 classic "The Untouchables", the project will see Cage play a younger version of the titular character, Al Capone, whose early dealings with Irish cop Jim Malone becomes the center of its story. Capone, known as the leader of criminal gang Chicago Outfit, was notorious for enabling the illegal traffic of alcoholic beverages during the time of their prohibition in the 1920s and 1930s.
In addition to Cage's inclusion, MTV has also claimed that Sean Penn and Colin Farrell are being considered for the role of Malone, previously played by Sean Connery in "The Untouchables." Meanwhile, production on the flick is said to begin October with De Palma helming from script by Brian Koppelman, David Levien, and David Rabe and Donald De Line plus Art Linson producing for Paramount Pictures.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'