Nicolas Cage Is "Rising" High
Embracing his Italian roots, Nicolas Cage is poised to take the lead in action drama "The Untouchables: Capone Rising", which will reunite him with director Brian De Palma after "Snake Eyes", MTV has revealed.
A prequel to the 1987 classic "The Untouchables", the project will see Cage play a younger version of the titular character, Al Capone, whose early dealings with Irish cop Jim Malone becomes the center of its story. Capone, known as the leader of criminal gang Chicago Outfit, was notorious for enabling the illegal traffic of alcoholic beverages during the time of their prohibition in the 1920s and 1930s.
In addition to Cage's inclusion, MTV has also claimed that Sean Penn and Colin Farrell are being considered for the role of Malone, previously played by Sean Connery in "The Untouchables." Meanwhile, production on the flick is said to begin October with De Palma helming from script by Brian Koppelman, David Levien, and David Rabe and Donald De Line plus Art Linson producing for Paramount Pictures.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media