Nicolas Cage Is "Rising" High
Embracing his Italian roots, Nicolas Cage is poised to take the lead in action drama "The Untouchables: Capone Rising", which will reunite him with director Brian De Palma after "Snake Eyes", MTV has revealed.
A prequel to the 1987 classic "The Untouchables", the project will see Cage play a younger version of the titular character, Al Capone, whose early dealings with Irish cop Jim Malone becomes the center of its story. Capone, known as the leader of criminal gang Chicago Outfit, was notorious for enabling the illegal traffic of alcoholic beverages during the time of their prohibition in the 1920s and 1930s.
In addition to Cage's inclusion, MTV has also claimed that Sean Penn and Colin Farrell are being considered for the role of Malone, previously played by Sean Connery in "The Untouchables." Meanwhile, production on the flick is said to begin October with De Palma helming from script by Brian Koppelman, David Levien, and David Rabe and Donald De Line plus Art Linson producing for Paramount Pictures.
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why