Nicolas Cage Is "Rising" High
Embracing his Italian roots, Nicolas Cage is poised to take the lead in action drama "The Untouchables: Capone Rising", which will reunite him with director Brian De Palma after "Snake Eyes", MTV has revealed.
A prequel to the 1987 classic "The Untouchables", the project will see Cage play a younger version of the titular character, Al Capone, whose early dealings with Irish cop Jim Malone becomes the center of its story. Capone, known as the leader of criminal gang Chicago Outfit, was notorious for enabling the illegal traffic of alcoholic beverages during the time of their prohibition in the 1920s and 1930s.
In addition to Cage's inclusion, MTV has also claimed that Sean Penn and Colin Farrell are being considered for the role of Malone, previously played by Sean Connery in "The Untouchables." Meanwhile, production on the flick is said to begin October with De Palma helming from script by Brian Koppelman, David Levien, and David Rabe and Donald De Line plus Art Linson producing for Paramount Pictures.
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!